SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Medical City McKinney provides comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences and women's and children's services. Since first opening our doors over 90 years ago, Medical City McKinney is a thriving 260-bed hospital continuing to lead the way of meeting and exceeding our growing community's healthcare needs by our commitment to change and innovation.
We are proud our hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson and Fannin Counties to receive The Joint Commission's Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We are also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
Medical City McKinney has built its name on providing area residents with exceptional healthcare that is both professional and personal. Our highly skilled physicians and staff members are focused on providing the most advanced and comprehensive healthcare available today...and for generations to come.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.Visit our website at http://www.medicalcenterofmckinney.com/ to see for yourself why you should join our team. We are proud to offer: - Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans - Paid Time Off - Short Term & Long Term Disability - Tuition Reimbursement - 401K - Student Loan Forgiveness - Employee Assistance Program - Employee Recognition Programs - Discounted tickets at many local attractions - Discounts to various retail stores and more….
Registered Nurse / RN
Shift: PRNJob Description: The Medical Surgical RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Job Qualification Requirements (Education/Experience/Licensure/Certifications):
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing.
- Current license by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse or from a Compact State if you declare the Compact State your Primary State of Residence.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
- At least 1 year of Medical/Surgical/Telemetry experience within a hospital setting required.
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written format. Flexibility to intervene on a moment's notice. Ability to problem-solve, and seek assistance from team members when necessary.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible and service oriented.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website