SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Rehab Technician Medical City Lewisville Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the therapist or therapist assistant, performs direct patient care (patient transport, treatment administration, etc.) of adolescent to geriatric patients (occasional pediatrics in wound care and orthopedic management) for which they have been adequately trained. Assists with inventory/stocking of supplies to prevent shortages, inventory/ maintenance/cleaning of equipment to ensure good/safe working order. Assists with other tasks to maintain a clean, safe, functional department. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Attend staff meetings, in-services, and mandatory meetings.
- Transport patients safely.
- Transports medication from Pharmacy to department med room.
- Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis and resulting complications.
- Relates to patients in a customer service manner.
- Prevents excessive patient waiting.
- Prepares patient and initiates treatment.
- Performs modality procedures.
- Supervises and assists with therapist assigned exercise programs.
- Alters treatment appropriately according to patient needs as assigned by the therapist.
- Expedites and ensures completion of treatment program.
- Effectively communicates with peers to provide a teamwork environment.
- Accurately enters charges.
- Assists in other areas when necessary to provide good customer service.
- Participates in the efficiency and quality of department operations.
- Effectively prioritizes work responsibilities.
- Assists with equipment/instrument/ supply/pharmacy/MSDS-chemicals/linen inventory
- Provides for a clean, infection free environment including daily and monthly cleaning schedules.
- Assists with managing supply inventory, cost containment, and annual department inventory counts
- Safely utilizes exercise and lift equipment
- Assists with administrative duties such as copying, filing, faxing, chart checks, reports, and other computer related functions.
- Assists with front office duties as needed and in absence of office coordinator.
- Effectively manages phones, schedules, communicates efficiently b/w all rehab areas.
- Consistently seeks opportunities to improve departmental processes and collaborates with other departments.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) American Heart Association (AHA) certification
- Interest in Physical/Occupational Therapy.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website