DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Manager of Progressive Care / PCU Medical City Lewisville The Manager is responsible for the supervision, coordination and evaluation of nursing care provided on the assigned unit(s). The Manager also coordinates and supervises the activities for the unit, which supports the safe and efficient delivery of care. The Unit Manager assists the Department Director in the implementation of Performance Improvement activities, hospital policies/procedures and in the financial management of the Unit.
- Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Interviewing and hiring nursing staff.
- Scheduling nursing staff.
- Clinical resource for the Nursing Unit.
- Serves as an advocate for nursing staff.
- Evaluating staff performance.
- Discipline, counseling and staff development.
- Participates in financial management of the assigned unit.
- Participates in financial planning/budgeting for the assigned unit.
- Plans and conducts staff meetings.
- Plans and coordinates unit related in-services.
- Manages clinical activities on assigned unit, assuring age specific standards are maintained by staff as well as manager.
- Maintains 24-hour accountability for the direction, supervision, coordination and evaluation of activities and services of the assigned unit.
- Seeks opportunities to improve department or interdepartmental processes.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more….
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Current RN license effective to practice in state of Texas
- BLS certification from approved HCA vendor
- ACLS certification from approved HCA vendor within 6 months of hire.
- Advanced Nursing Certification within 6 months of hire in position.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or related field required from an accredited school.
- 3-5 years experience as a staff nurse in the clinical area.
- Documented clinical knowledge and skills related to the assigned clinical practice area.
- Previous management experience or demonstrated ability to serve in a leadership position.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website