DescriptionSHIFT: Weekends Only
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Housekeeper / Environmental Services Tech. We are seeking an Environmental Services Tech (EVS TECH) at Medical City Lewisville to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now! We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. The Environmental Services Tech is under the direction of the Environmental Services Director and/or the Supervisor, and is responsible for Environmental cleaning and disinfecting. He/she performs a variety of routine cleaning functions as assigned, to maintain a sanitary, attractive and orderly condition throughout all areas of the hospital. The EVS Tech is responsible for the following:
- Dust or wet mops floor and vacuum carpets. Dust and clean furniture, fixtures, windowsills, vents and related furnishings.
- Cleans and polishes mirrors, glass partitions, doors and similar interior glass surfaces. Scours, cleans or polishes water fountains, bathtubs, showers, lavatories or other fixtures and walls, counters, or other surfaces.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies of paper towels, soap and other items from storage.
- Disposes of refuse in specific containers as required (i.e. Bio-Waste) and regular trash.
- Operates mechanical equipment, such as vacuum cleaners and other carpet cleaning equipment after appropriate instructions.
- Cleans custodial equipment and storage areas. Arranges cleaning supplies, and requests needed supplies for Supervisor. -Reports broken or inoperative equipment to Supervisor.
- Collects and places soiled linens in laundry collection area.
- Constantly on the lookout for areas that are not clean and demonstrate initiative to clean them.
- Must be able to work harmoniously with a variety of individual personalities, often in a high activity environment.
- Demonstrate consistent use of safety measures associated with chemicals and equipment.
- Demonstrate his/her responsibilities for fire, emergencies, and disasters after appropriate instructions.
- Greets patients and visitors courteously and professionally.
- Participates in the departmental quality improvement process.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Environmental Services training helpful.
- Must be able to read signs, labels and notices.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English.
- Prior Environmental Services experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Integrity to work with confidential information.
- Ability to follow established cleaning procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle stress.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must be committed to quality service and patient care.
- Ability to anticipate needs of the patients and employees.
- Ability to work around patients during emotional periods.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected needs of the department.
Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website