DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Manager Facility SafetyMedical City Denton
- Serves as Hospital Safety Officer to design, implement and maintain hospital Safety programs.
- Designs, implements and maintains processes and documentation to ensure compliance with Joint Commission Environment of Care and Life Safety standards as well as other regulatory requirements.
- Investigates any safety related issues and takes/recommends corrective actions to be taken.
- Performs annual safety risk assessments for the hospital.
- Intervenes when any unsafe practices are identified and ensures immediate corrective action is taken to resolve the unsafe issue.
- Works with vendors and contractors to ensure testing/repair/upgrade of life safety systems is properly accomplished and documented.
- Serves as the facility Emergency Preparedness coordinator: Manages the hospital disaster program to assure safety during a disaster and proper level of support to the hospital and community during a disaster. Assures compliance with regulatory requirements and assures good disaster practices through policy development and staff education.
- Manages the hospital Healthy Work Environment Program
- Manages the hospital security department and badging functions.
About Medical City Denton:
Medical City Denton is a 208 bed full service hospital that serves the growing population of Denton, Wise, Cooke and Montague Counties. Offering the full spectrum of healthcare, including advanced open-heart surgery and trauma programs, Medical City Denton's more than 850 employees and 300 physicians are constantly striving to offer the highest quality service to the North Texas area.
It starts with how we treat and interact with each other. We support each other. We communicate well. And we make sure that our team has the tools and resources it needs to be able to deliver excellent patient care. We create a workplace where doctors and nurses want to be because they know they are doing meaningful work with a purpose. This matters most to our patients and their families and our community as a whole who know they can trust us to help them get better.
Benefits: We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more….
Licensure/certification/registration: Current Texas Driver's License. Preferred Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP) or Certified Healthcare Emergency Professional (CHEP) preferred.Experience Required:
Bachelor's Degree preferred. Planning, and systems analysis experience with clerical organizational skill knowledge. Life Safety, Joint Commission, OSHA, TDH knowledge preferred.Special Skills & Qualifications
Verbal and written command of the English language. Ability to read and write clear, concise and complete reports and applicable paperwork. Excellent computer skills using MS Word, Excel, Power Point. Professional demeanor and approach to duties. Good organizational skills are necessary for position.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website