DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Physical Therapist - Outpatient
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday from 9am-5:30pm
Location: Medical City Dallas Hospital
Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Physical Therapist Job Summary:
- Perform direct patient care within the scope of the Physical Therapy Practice Act, with emphasis on processes and patient outcomes.
- Perform comprehensive, age specific patient assessments for appropriate care setting: Acute care, Inpatient Rehab, and/or Outpatient
- Provide individualized, goal-directed care.
- Formulate a plan of care based on patient diagnosis and identified therapy related problems.
- Develop and implement teaching plans for patients concerning promotion, maintenance and restoration of patient function and independence.
- Provide ongoing education, training, and emotional support to foster a partnership with the patient, family and significant others.
- Provide age specific care from neonate to geriatric in the appropriate care setting: Acute care, Inpatient Rehab, and/or Outpatient
- Evaluate the patient's (individual and family) responses and outcomes to therapeutic interventions.
- Use critical thinking approach to analyze clinical data and current literature as a basis for decision making in therapy practice.
- Communicate pertinent payor needs/requirements to patient, patient family, treatment team, and physician.
- Make assignments to staff and delegate to unlicensed staff in compliance with current Physical Therapy rules and regulations and department operations.
- Assume accountability and responsibility for the quality, continuity, and coordination of therapy across the care settings.
- Act as patient advocate to implement and direct therapy care to ensure patient safety in the clinical practice environment.
- Integrate the management of information and effective communication skills in daily practice.
- Serve as a healthcare advocate in monitoring and promoting quality health care and services for the patients served.
- Participate in activities and act as a leader in promoting best practices, department specific initiatives, customer satisfaction, and process improvement.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards in customer service through all interactions with the patients, families, coworkers, staff, other hospital departments, physicians, community and all others.
- Create a high quality, professional clinical environment to facilitate the necessary recruitment of appropriate numbers of qualified staff.
- Support the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Therapist Job Requirements:
- Requires graduation from an accredited school at the bachelors, masters, or doctoral level in Physical Therapy.
- 1 year experience preferred.
- Licensed by Texas State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website