SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Medical City Dallas - Children's Hospital Registered Nurse / RN - Pediatrics Hematology / Oncology (Hem/Onc) Shift/Schedule: PRN - Days 7a-7p
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are seeking a Pediatrics RN for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Job Responsibilities The Pediatric Hematology / Oncology (Hem Onc) Registered Nurse (RN)
performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on nursing process / outcomes for the Pediatric Service Line. The RN Pediatric Hem Onc will:
- Determine the predictable or unpredictable health status and health needs of patients (individual and family) through interpretation of health data and preventive practice in collaboration with patients and interdisciplinary health care team members
- Utilize a systematic approach to provide individualized, goal-directed nursing care
- Perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient
- Formulate a nursing care plan based on determination of nursing diagnoses and identified problems
- Implement nursing care within the RN's scope of practice, including compliance with other laws that apply to the practice setting
- Develop and implement teaching plans for patients/ families concerning promotion, maintenance and restoration of health
- Provide education, emotional support and age specific care to foster a partnership with the patient and significant others
A specialized children's hospital with an unwavering focus on patient care, Medical City Children's Hospital offers world-renowned excellence in comprehensive pediatric services. Since 1996, our specialists haven't let anything distract them from helping children get better. As a result, we have helped thousands of children—from birth to age 18, and from more than 75 countries. Medical City Children's Hospital takes seriously our responsibility to give children—and their parents—the care and attention they deserve.
Medical City Children's Hospital is a comprehensive children's hospital with specialists in virtually every pediatric subspecialty, including widely recognized treatment programs such as:•Craniofacial •Heart
•Hematology and Oncology•Nephrology •Neurosciences
•Orthopedics and Scoliosis
We also offer a full spectrum of services, including comprehensive general pediatrics, general and outpatient surgery, neonatal and pediatric intensive care, and specialized pediatric emergency care. Combined with Medical City Dallas, we operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- BSN required
- Current TX nursing license or valid compact license
- Current BLS, issued by American Heart Association
- PALS, required within 6 months of hire
- Recent acute care experience required, pediatrics preferred
- APHON Pediatric Chemotherapy / Biotherapy or ONS Provider required
- Stem Cell experience preferred
- CPHON certification required within 24 months of hire
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website