DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Cold Cook. Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We are seeking a Cold Cook at Medical City Dallas to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now! We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. Founded in 1974, Medical City Dallas is recognized for its state-of-the-art medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Offering nearly 100 specialties, we are conveniently located in the heart of North Dallas at Forest Lane and Central Expressway (US 75), just 15 minutes from downtown Dallas and a short drive from North Dallas suburbs. Operating within our 801-bed tertiary care center, our medical team consists of more than 1,500 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. Reporting to the Supervisor of Production / Retail and the Executive Chef, the Cold Cook is responsible for the following duties:
- Demonstrates skill in food preparation, display and service, which is in compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Prepares hot food items for cafeteria, physician's dining, catering and room service operations according to standard recipes and HACCP guidelines; wears and changes gloves appropriately.
- Responsible for maintaining all kitchen utensils, equipment and physical surfaces in a safe and sanitary manner. Maintains high standards of quality, safety and sanitation.
- Ensures all food items are labeled and dated correctly to ensure quality and freshness.
- Demonstrates the ability to safely handle and clean knives as well as other pieces of necessary equipment.
- Ensures all storage areas are maintained in a clean and orderly manner according to regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures all food and supply items are in proper locations, rotates using FIFO to maintain quality and food safety. Removes and alerts supervisor of any outdated food items.
- Communicates all food quality issues, food shortages or necessary substitutions to Team Leader or Supervisor (Production/Retail) in a timely manner.
- Accurately completes daily reports, cleaning checklists, and temperature logs.
Education / Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- 1-2 years prior experience in a high volume restaurant, hotel, country club or cafeteria.
- Healthcare experience a plus.
- Culinary training preferred but not required.
Licensure / Certification:
- Food Service handler's certification through the Texas Department of Health is preferred but required after 1 year of employment
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to read, write and speak in English
- Basic math skills
- Organization skills
- Ability to interpret recipes.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include some weekends and evenings
- Ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- Basic knife handling skills
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website