DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Manager of Environment Services Medical City Arlington
Directs and oversees operational needs of the Environmental Services Department. Coordinates tasks of the supervisory staff. Assures that staff is trained in accordance with JCAHO guidelines. Schedules staff to meet the needs of the facility doing so in line with budgetary constraints. In the absence of the Assistant Director of Environmental Services acts as the administrative liaison between the Director and key client contacts and the department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities, and seeks opportunities to improve department and inter-department processes.
· Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
· Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of staff and patients.
· Ability to utilize a participative approach to managing staff, to function appropriately under stress, to organize and prioritize tasks, and to develop budgets with a complete understanding of facility needs and requirements.
· Bullet points above are fairly common on all the job descriptions. In bullet points here and below, provide a laundry list of duties and responsibility associated with this position.
· Establish and review standards and work procedures for all Environmental services front line managers in accordance with established policies and practices of the facility. Plan work schedules, hours, area of work, and job duties to ensure adequate Environmental services are rendered to all areas. Establish and review standards.
· Interview, select, hire, evaluate all associates, recommend terminate of all associates in according to the progressive counseling process, and recommend termination of Environmental Services front line managers.
· Participate in regular staff meetings and communicate with members of other departments to coordinate Environmental Services activities in their respective areas. May serve on facility-wide committees.
About Medical City Arlington Originally opened in August of 1976 as Arlington Community Hospital in a rural part of town, Medical City Arlington has developed into a 432 bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. There are well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel that make up our team. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort worth healthcare with nearly 600 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team that is focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
Benefits: We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more….
Minimum Position Requirements:
a. College degree preferred
a. Minimum 3 years supervisory experience preferably in a healthcare environment.
b. Working knowledge of all housekeeping procedures and laundry management.
c. Strong work ethic, intense drive and initiative for quality and customer service.
d. Excellent written and oral communication, listening and empathy, and problem solving (one-on-one and group) skills.
a. Communication skills requirements
b. Computer and keyboarding skills requirement
c. Demonstrated ability to utilize a participative approach to managing staff, to function appropriately under stress, to organize and prioritize tasks, and to develop budgets with a complete understanding of facility needs and requirements.
d. Excellent stress management skills, administrative and organizational, and follow-through (with associates and clients) skills required.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website