Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleSr Managing Consultant, Business Development, MEA Regional SalesAll About Us
MasterCard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment.
Join the industry's most passionate, motivated & engaged global team - Our employees are encouraged to drive innovation every day in support of a more connected world – A World Beyond Cash.
MasterCard Data & Services, the professional services arm of MasterCard Worldwide, provides consulting, marketing and information services to financial institutions and merchants worldwide. With its unique expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and track record in addressing complex challenges, MasterCard Data & Services addresses challenges and opportunities of clients, enhances MasterCard's performance and establishes global thought leadership.
• We are looking for a Senior Managing Consultant to join the Southern Africa Data & Services team, to support business development with our Financial Institutions (FI) clients.
• The position located in Johannesburg, however, we will also consider other locations in select SADC countries
Develop and execute sales strategies that achieve sales, revenue and profit objectives of Data & Services in the Southern Africa region. Region includes 13 countries of: South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Lesotho, Mozambique, Angola, Mauritius, Malawi, Seychelles, Madagascar and Swaziland.
• The resource is expected to proactively establish and manage the respective FI sales pipeline across select countries to achieve the anticipated growth rates and revenues.
• Proactively identify and pursue initiatives that drive customer and Mastercard revenues, identifying new business opportunities, and expansion of new business development with existing partners.
• Provide subject matter expertise on all Data & Services services, products and platforms to drive sales and revenue growth while meeting strategic revenue objectives.
• Oversee and support delivery teams to ensure high quality outcomes, and sustainable repeat revenue earning opportunities to assure business growth.
• Inform and collaborate with all regional & global Mastercard teams, to ensure business objectives are aligned with, and activity coordinated across, all key stakeholders (e.g. GP&S, Market Development, Customer Delivery, Area Sales).
All About You
• Education – Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification, advanced degree or MBA preferred
• Languages – fluent English, other including Afrikaans and Portuguese language skills highly desirable
• Experience – strategy consulting, working in Retail Banking and/or Payments
• People management – must have managed multi-disciplinary teams on projects and/or having experience in managing direct reports within matrix structure/s
• Travel – flexible and mobile (willing to travel extensively)
• Market knowledge – an understanding of what are the key factors in determining how industry trends relate to marketplace dynamics, and the competitive landscape for our existing and prospective clients.
• Account planning/management – ability to understand customer and constituent needs, and proficiency in identifying and qualifying opportunities.
• Sales conversion – proven track record of maintaining customer focus, balanced with disciplined approach to progressing sales pipeline development, management (tracking and reporting), and closing deals.
• Interpersonal and negotiation skills – extensive experience in communicating in international/regional/local environments (multicultural, matrixed, across multiple geographic locations) at senior management level. Must be able to communicate strategies to achieve goals, acts as advisor to and maintains ongoing relationships with client executives, whilst also able to challenge and negotiate terms of engagement.
• Professional services experience – skills in delivery and sales of professional services and complimentary products/platforms to FIs and corporates. Able to generate key hypotheses and independently structure work, and also willing to oversee the delivery of quality outcomes by “getting hands dirty” to the extent required.
• Strong analytical skills – ability to identify issues before they develop into problems and to proactively resolve issues directly or through escalation to appropriate partners/stakeholders.
• Strong team working orientation – must work collaboratively and both independently and in a team environment.
• Business results obsessed – track, manage, and remediate (as required) to ensure delivery of KPIs i.e. project margin, sales and revenue
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – English required, and Portuguese is highly advantageous
Equal Opportunity Employer
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website