We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Product Manager - technicalWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard Payment Gateway Services Product Management Technical team is looking for a Senior Product Manager – Technical to drive the delivery of payment gateway solutions in a fast-paced Scaled Agile environment. The ideal candidate is passionate about both understanding the customer & the business, and also working with technology teams to deliver working solutions.
• Act as the Product Owner for your Agile development team, working closely with internal Product Managers to understand high level business needs & business requirements, and representing these back to your Agile team. * Please note this is not a client-facing role.
• Collaborate with your Agile development team(s) and system architects to understand the impact on gateway systems and agree the optimal functional solution for new product features
• Take an active role in the SAFe PI Planning process, preparing features for the planning event and working through these features with your team to plan their delivery
• Through team backlog grooming sessions and individual elaboration activity, define user stories that capture the functional requirements identified to meet the agreed solution.
• Take responsibility for the prioritisation of the team backlog and for accepting user stories on build completion
• Produce internal & external-facing supporting documentation using standard templates and natural language.
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Solid analytical skills are essential, i.e. the ability to take high level requirements and drill these down into detailed functional requirements under your own initiative
• Demonstrate the ability to collaboratively, design solutions that both enhance the product offering, and work within the design principles
• Comfortable working at a detailed level with interface specifications & doing related data mappings to and from APIs
• Ability to work collaboratively with development and business stakeholders within an Agile team
• Able to communicate effectively with both business & technical audiences
• Payments experience is a plus but not essential
• Empowerment and accountability
• Collaboration mindset
• Thoughtful risk taking
• Committed to deliver on time and to quality
• Willingness to learn and get stuck in
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website