We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleMastercard Graduate Launch Program 2023 - Associate Consultant, Advisors - Budapest, HungaryAssociate Consultant, Advisors – Launch 2023
Mastercard Advisors, part of the Data & Services team providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine consulting with rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations.
Make an Impact as an Associate Consultant
As an Associate Consultant, you will collaborate with exceptional colleagues to help some of the world's biggest brands answer their most challenging questions. Working with technology and data, you will gain broad exposure to a range of industries, including traditional financial services, fintech, retail and more.
As an Associate Consultant, you will:
• Work on small teams to solve our clients' most challenging strategic problems
• Build strong relationships with clients to understand their business needs, find strategic solutions and guide impactful decisions
• Grow your career by receiving hands-on mentorship from an experienced management team
• Have an immediate opportunity for meaningful contributions, increased responsibility, leadership roles, and professional advancement
• Collaborate with colleagues across different areas of the organization and quickly gain exposure to business development, account management, and product management
• Receive extensive training to build your core consulting skills
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for helping our customers with their most urgent business needs, and we are recruiting for 2 career tracks that make up our team:
1) Strategy & Transformation:
• Lead customers through sound decision making as they tackle strategic, tactical, operational, and transformational challenges, spanning across diverse topics including product, marketing, loyalty, innovation and more. Apply a broad set of problem-solving techniques to improve overall performance and operations.
• Sampling of questions we help our customers answer:
o How can a global financial services institution be successful at entering a hyper competitive new market?
o How can a customer improve its operating model to better achieve operational, financial and strategic goals?
• Team members typically support 1-2 projects concurrently, with each project lasting for approximately 3-6 months.
2) Performance Analytics:
• Translate data into insights leveraging Mastercard and customer data. Get hands-on to design, implement & scale analytical solutions for customers across industries. Apply qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques using our enterprise applications (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, NiFi, Python, Impala and more) to synthesize analyses into clear recommendations and impactful narratives.
• Sampling of questions we help our customers answer:
o How does a financial institution's fraud/authorization metrics fare against competitors, and what are strategies that can help it be best-in-class?
o How is a technology customer's market share changing over time, and are there any segments where the client is relatively under penetrated?
• Team members support several customers concurrently, and produce analyses at set cadences (i.e., weekly / monthly / quarterly reports)
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills
• Business Interest: Clear interest in the world of business, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions
• Rapid Growth: Eagerness to learn quickly, both through Mastercard's structured training curriculum and organic development opportunities
• Teamwork: Willingness to work within small, international teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity
• Undergraduate or master's degree with a target graduation date between Dec 2022 - August 2023
• Outstanding record of academic achievement
• Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs
In your CV, please indicate your track preference. This information will be leveraged to best match applicants with their desired tracks.
Track placement will indicate the types of projects where you will spend the majority of your time, however, we encourage and enable working across tracks to allow team members to acquire a diverse set of skills and experiences.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website