We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleManaging Consultant, Advisors Deploy Program Management, Data and ServicesManaging Consultant, Advisors Deploy Program Management, Data and Services
All About Us
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
All About the Role
Make an Impact as an Associate Managing Consultant, Advisors Deploy Program Management
Advisors Deploy Program Management is an execution-oriented client facing competency that applies proven, accredited change skills and domain experience to partner with clients and help them drive measurable value by:
• Delivering new products and strategies to market smoothly and efficiently
• Successfully implementing complex technology assets and delivering the most challenging transformation programs to create the new business as usual
• Strengthening client's internal skills, knowledge and experience in critical areas
• Transforming client processes and optimizing their management practices
Deploy is a new suite of consulting solutions designed to respond to fast evolving customer needs for execution support, with a dual mission: deployment and value realization over the entire lifetime of major assets. Value realization is a complex task, and with Deploy we can de-risk the entire client/asset journey, from implementation to adoption, usage, and product evolution. This is done through a set of new capabilities focused on expert execution support, that we are bringing in to complement the traditional Advisors areas of strength.
As a Managing Consultant you will manage a portfolio of projects that support a strategy, a strategic change or initiative with significant impact on the organization. You will manage complexity and inherent risks across a wide range of business areas, where there are strong interdependencies and shared resources, and you will manage benefits from their initial identification and definition through to the eventual realization and achievement of measurable improvements.
All About You
• Experience in delivery of large enterprise level programs across the financial services sector from initiation to benefit realization
• Successful leadership of PMOs across different clients / businesses, identifying and mitigating risks, solving issues, developing plans and ensuring they are implemented in line with agreed timescales, budgets and quality criteria, including examples of re-aligning scope and objectives during a program to ensure maximum value extraction
• Formal accreditation in one or more recognized PM/PMO/ Change/Service management methodologies is expected at this level
• Develop strong bonds with clients that endure beyond a particular assignment, serves as a go-to resource for client staff, is sought out for knowledge of industry and firm
• Identify new business opportunities and communicates to executives to pursue, begin to lead sales calls and new client development including proposal contribution
• Analyze multiple aspects of client's organizational systems and culture that serve as input into the stakeholder / relationship map sales process
• Effectively leverage subject matter experts to develop best customized solutions for client
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, able to direct workstreams across large multi-faceted project teams
• Strong writer, presenter and speaker, comfortable and ability to influence at all levels in an organization
• Able to use own initiative, develop solutions or adapt approaches to support the delivery of defined objectives and benefits
• Demonstrate authentic leadership and integrity, gravitas and experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams in a matrixed environment, mentoring staff, evaluating performance and providing feedback
All About Your Education & Skills
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification. Advanced degree or MBA preferred
• Professional accreditation such as Project Management Professional (PMP) desirable
• Fluent local office language and English required, other languages desirable
• Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants preferred
• Comfortable with significant client interaction and interest in building relationships
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required, knowledge of Project Management tools preferred
• Willingness to travel
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website