We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead Technical Program ManagerOverview
The Mastercard Network & Digital Payment Services (part of Product and Engineering) team is looking for a Lead Technical Program Manager to drive delivery to move our eCommerce product and platform strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. You will manage the implementation of multiple projects/programs ensuring product/engineering strategy goals and requirements are delivered with quality.
As Lead TPM, you will interact with product managers, software development managers, developers, and senior leaders across partner teams in the Product and Engineering organization to deliver complex projects and programs. You will define roadmap deliverables, develop program execution plans, align dependencies, track progress, anticipate risks, provide escalation management, make sound trade-off decisions, and balance business needs versus technical constraints.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset. You are expected to be detail-oriented, with a solid technical background and excellent problem-solving skills.
The Role (Major Accountabilities):
• Act as Lead Technical Program Manager for managing program delivery.
• Drives execution of an outcome from inception through successful delivery through the full stack of the services/domains, or, an outcome that spans multiple teams and integrations across the enterprise.
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the program within an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Organizes and accelerates a group of related technology projects or activities across multiple teams, aligning dependent organizations. Identify and remove blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations.
• Creates mechanisms to effectively report out and control execution. Recognizes complexity and creates predictable delivery paths for large and/or complex efforts. Measurably improves, streamlines, and/or eliminates excess processes. Utilizes cross-organizational mechanisms to describe and drive continuous improvements.
• Works with ambiguity and with limited guidance. Able to get the inertia out and the project in motion or able to get the entropy out and the project into a calm and predictable delivery pattern.
• Clearly articulate scope, timelines, dependencies, owners, actions, risks, and mitigations. Report progress to teams and senior leadership in regular cadence.
• Looked to as first point of contact for your team or area and the source of truth for status, providing the correct information and associated data about the state of the project to the right audience at the right time.
• Understands the business strategy and design approaches within product, program or domain with depth to be credible and influential with teams they work with.
• Keeps abreast of evolving technology landscape. Can ask the right questions to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of designs (scalability, latency, security, performance, data integrity, etc.).
• Transform raw thoughts into clear and concise communications/instructions to the teams and leadership.
• Work across teams to optimize processes
• Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives.
All About You :
• Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
• Manage from the front, prioritize, and drive the bigger mission forward by translating vision into results.
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity. Ability to guide teams.
• Experience in building large scale enterprise technical or engineering programs and products from inception to delivery and experience articulating the impact using metrics.
• Demonstrated experience breaking down problems, organizing work, planning work/sprints, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask and deliver technical programs in agile/waterfall delivery models.
• Coordination and organization skills and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and vendors across locations to ensure success of the project.
• Technical capability to effectively solve software engineering challenges, communicate with engineers, scope technical programs, and identify technical risks.
• Enjoys diving deep to understand of the platforms capabilities and underlying technologies. Knowledge of software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Recognize complex designs and propose simplified solutions by working with software design engineers, principals and TPMs.
• Help customers and the engineering teams make trade-off decisions by considering all of the data including business goals, technical platform strategy, customer experience and maintainability. You identify blocking issues and manage their resolution.
• Can debate the delivery strategy with business teams, architects, engineers, and designers.
• Proven track record of data driven decision-making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams
• Demonstrated experience building relationships, partnering with and influencing dependent teams while commanding the respect of the individuals you work with across the organization.
• Write documentation as required.
• Experience of software engineering, systems engineering, system architecture, or technical product/program management experience (in software space).
• Huge plus if you have expertise in eCommerce/Payments, IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, CI/CD, NoSQL databases, microservices APIs, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps model.
Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalentIn the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
NYC Salary Range: $136,000 - $223,000
Apply on company website