Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleLead Network EngineerReports To:
Director, Network Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the extensive knowledge of Mastercard network.
- Develop and document network automation solution that are easily scalable for the
enterprise and can be used for network related changes/deployments.
- Develop and write Python scripts
- Participate in network health diagnostics and optimization via proper monitoring and
- Assist with the definition and tracking of key performance metrics
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge on routing, switching, firewalls is a must.
- Very strong technical knowledge of enterprise networking solutions for very large
- Demonstrated self-motivation, leadership ability, strong team player who knows how to
overcome natural enterprises' change resistance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments, and projects
- Ability to learn very quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Experience writing frameworks or developing APIs.
- Worked in a team using agile methodologies
- Demonstrated understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies and
understanding of its applicability for infrastructure automation.
- 5+ years in designing, supporting/troubleshooting and deploying network configurations
- 3+ years in developing Python scripts and/or Ansible (or other orhcestrators) playbooks for
network engineering tasks
- Experience with Data Center centric, corporate and distributed customer endpoints networks
- Extensive experience with the following technologies required:
- Cisco Switches, Routers, ASA firewalls
- Checkpoint Network Firewalls
- Palo Alto Network Firewalls
- Ansible (or any other orchestrator) used for network engineering tasks.
- Python for network engineering tasks.
Experience with the following technologies will be a plus:
- Riverbed WAN optimizers
- Bluecoat Network Proxies
- Cisco and Meraki wireless equipment
- TippingPoint IDPS
- Fireeye antimalware network appliances
- Cisco Trustsec and ISE
Bachelor's degree or higher
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website