Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleLead Database Engineer - SQL ServerJob Overview
Provide Oracle & SQL Server RDBMS support for MasterCard Applications. Guides and provides direction for MasterCard's use of best practices and application database solutions. Reviews new tools and products that assist DA in providing database support and services.
• Requires very little supervision while identifying task associated with responsibilities.
• Leads in creating all departmental policies and best practices.
• Provides leadership by mentoring junior DBAs and by leading internal projects and initiatives.
• Provide DBA oversight and helps set direction for department strategy.
• Properly identifies tasks available for delegation and provides follow-up.
Bachelor's Degree in Information systems or 8+ years of equivalent experience.
• Advance knowledge of Oracle / MS-SQL internals.
• Advance knowledge of Oracle / MS-SQL physical database tuning.
• Advance knowledge of SQL tuning background.
• Advance knowledge of Oracle/SQL replication implementation (Golden Gate/DataGuard).
• Working knowledge of backup/recovery example RMAN.
• Working PL/SQL coding background.
• Advance implementation knowledge of partitioning.
• Advance knowledge of Windows cluster, AlwaysOn, Oracle RAC, Cluster latest features.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multitask.
• Be able to work with team members located in multiple geographies and timezones.
• Understanding of logical and physical data models.
Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of Data Architecture's role in supporting business processes.
Demonstrates a strong ability to participate/facilitate cross functional teams for estimating, application designs, and implementation strategies.
Uses strong writing and verbal communication skills to build awareness and to proactively promote DA's position in support of sound database structures, data governance and other Corporate strategies.
Ability to multitask
Displays excellent collaborative skills to facilitate cross-functional teams.
Consistently searches for improved methods to provide customer service.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website