We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Total Rewards, EuropeJob Description – Director, Total Rewards
Job title: Director, Total Rewards, Western Continental Europe, Central Europe & Eastern Europe
Reporting to: Vice President, Total Rewards, Europe
• Accountable for program design, development and initial implementation for all total rewards programs in Western Continental Europe, Central Europe and Eastern Europe.
• Builds programs that recognize employees as consumers with diverse interests
• Scales programs for local implementation and partners with HRBPs and GBSC-HR on ongoing administration and delivery
• Acts as consultant to HR and business leaders on a wide variety of Total Rewards issues
• Total Rewards programs include all compensation programs, work/life experience, mobility, benefits, and health & wellness programs.
• Designs and delivers Total Rewards programs that align with Mastercard's rewards philosophy, business and talent strategy, local regulatory environment and workforce needs, in Western Continental Europe, Central and Eastern Europe. This responsibility may also be extended to some Total Rewards Programs for the entire Europe Region.
• Manages multiple, complex rewards programs, overseeing all aspects of design, delivery, compliance, administration, etc.
• May act as a consultant to business units and regions on Total Rewards issues
• Directs external benchmarking and market assessments of rewards programs and recommends program changes
• Partners cross-functionally with internal (e.g., HR teams, business leadership, Finance, Legal) and external partners (e.g., vendors, consultants) to manage design and delivery of rewards programs
• Reports on program progress and identifies actionable improvements based on post-implementation program results
• Manages vendor, consulting, and legal relationships to ensure service levels are maintained and cost objectives are met and escalated issues (both program and employee/participant) are resolved via GBSC
• Directs efforts to assess effectiveness of rewards programs and communicates findings/results and organizational implications
• Works with key stakeholders to design and deliver rewards communications initiatives
• Performs thorough due diligence and cost analysis for potential acquisitions. Crafts retention strategies and supports integration activities for M&A transactions
• Identifies technology, tools & platforms that are effective and cost-efficient in delivering relevant Total Rewards services
• Manages a small team, conducts goal setting and performance appraisal processes and coaches team members
• Demonstrated success acting as a consultant for business and HR leaders, providing advice/recommendations on rewards issues
• Proven track record designing and implementing competitive Total Rewards programs
• Successfully managed vendor and consultant relationships and achieved project goals as it relates to quality deliverables, timelines and budget
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience implementing enhancements to Total Rewards programs based on best practices, external trends and leveraging advanced analytics
• Demonstrated success when overseeing a large corporate budget
• Experience seeing an M&A integration project to completion
• Fluent in English, both verbal and written
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website