We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Business Development-Government EngagementMastercard is dedicated to promoting inclusive growth and financial inclusion. The mandate of the Government Engagement team is to build durable, trusted relationships with key government agencies to accelerate their transition to a cashless ecosystem though digitalization, while increasing revenues and seeding new markets for Mastercard. We drive relevance and revenues in the government space by developing effective regional go to market campaigns supported by clear priorities, success metrics and incentives. Our team is made of deep experts in both government and Mastercard solutions, of thought leaders and of deal closers. We apply our digital tools, business insights, last mile solutions and market organizing skills to support client success. We have a passion for learning, exploring new capabilities, and applying the best methodologies and insights to the government business.
The Director , Business Development, Government Engagement role focuses on aligning Mastercard's product, service and ecosystem capabilities to solve for the challenges that government and associated organizations face today in the areas of financial inclusion, citizen services, economic development and sustainability as well as government operational excellence. This role builds relevance and generates revenue by strengthening strategic partnerships, winning project mandates and driving sales of digital platforms and solutions, deepening relationships with governments and associated organizations. This role also ensures that the Country's strategies, goals and priorities are in alignment with the Global and Regional Government Engagement function for this segment.
This role is at the heart of our intent to scale our business across all key states in South India to drive revenue, market relevance and social impact. This role will also require driving Business Development in Urban Mobility/Smart City strategy in South Asia in collaboration with global and regional teams .This role will report into Vice President and Head of Government Engagement for South Asia. The position will be based in Bengaluru and focuses on a select number of priority opportunities, segments and clients.
The Director, Government Engagement is accountable for:
• Driving the India State strategy with a detailed view of the business opportunity and a market engagement plan
• Leading and orchestrating Mastercard's government engagements within the South Asia Division (non commercial, pre-commercial and commercial), engaging
national, regional or local governments and associated agencies.
• Support the Regional Government Engagement team in the development, alignment and execution of strategic initiatives, business development agenda, sales
effectiveness programs and thought leadership development.
• Collaborate with relevant teams to enable successful delivery of the sold projects
• Take Mastercard's transit/urban mobility strategy and translate this into actionable deliverables for South Asia to define the go to market strategy
• Pipeline creation for the region in regards to Urban mobility projects .
All About You:
• Experience working for or closely with government agencies, managing process improvement and transformative change initiatives, as well as proven experience in engaging very senior government leaders to build durable relations
• Able to integrate knowledge across disciplines, including technology, operations, sales, product, marketing, compliance and risk.
• Proven track record in leading government projects and/or commercial deals in the assigned market. Experience of working on government business, tender process, managing government relationships, and co-developing a solution with government
• Consultative selling focused, with deep product, services, and solutions expertise.
• Adept at interacting with senior Mastercard stakeholders in terms of engagement, communication and transparency of purpose.
• Ability to skillfully lead complex regional initiatives that require collaboration across functional, geographical and cultural lines.
• Self-motivated, thrives in a fast-paced environment; readiness to take-on stretch goals.
• Strong gravitas, exceptional relationship management, influencing and communication skills.
• Undergraduate degree required. MBA or graduate degree preferred.
• Fluency in the local language in the assigned market and English is required.
• Knowledge of: India mobility landscape, National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) and key players in the market, Contactless payments & ticketing technologies
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website