We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Account ManagementOur sales organization is seeking to build a diverse strategic and consultative workforce of world-class relationship managers, problem-solvers and technologists. We are pursuing highly motivated individuals who display strong achievement orientation, intellectual curiosity, openness, resilience, diligence, and the ability to effectively marshal resources. We align our team to compete and differentiate on the basis of customer intimacy, product and solution strength, and partnership orientation.
The sales team focuses on the delivery of customized payment solutions and comprehensive consulting support, while leveraging Mastercard's strong brand, technology, operations and risk platforms to deliver bottom line results to Mastercard's Strategic Partners. This includes optimizing existing volume and growing net new volume through selling Value Added Services to Mastercard Strategic Partners.
• Have you ever proactively identified and solved complex problems that impact management, relationship and direction of the business?
• Have you ever prepared proposals, RFP's, and negotiate contractual relationships with various internal and external stakeholders?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Assume ownership for all activity within the selected customer group, setting and driving the strategy for each customer and coordinating all resources.
• Lead meetings with both the customer and Mastercard leadership, cutting through the ‘noise' to the heart of issues and opportunities.
• Develop strong customer relationships across levels and functions (particularly product, portfolio/usage, fraud, marketing, operations, strategy and information technology) and influence or change customer preference towards Mastercard as a strategic partner and solution provider.
• Engage and coordinate indirect resources across Mastercard's matrix based organization – critical to the success of this role is ensuring that you can source the support required to deliver to your customer group.
• Own and manage the customer P&L, managing your customer business agreements, make the right investment decisions to grow the short and long term value of the customer relationship and deliver to net revenue objectives.
• Engage in addressing some operational activities as required and be the customer contact for all activity. With responsibility for all administrative and operational issues for the target customer set.
• Negotiate contracts and execute and manage the customer contract agreement process.
Some Travel expected.
• Experience in retail banking, card payments or fintech industries, with good knowledge of electronic payments industry, trends, issuing landscape, economics and value chain (good awareness of digital payments and convergence trends/technologies will be a strong plus).
• Strong track record in Strategic Sales and Client Account Management.
• Sound business judgment with established conceptual thinking and proven financial acumen and analytical skills.
• Strong ability to interact with and influence and build consensus across a variety of internal and external stakeholders and levels of leadership. Strong team player, ability to collaborate with peers and proven ability to work in a matrix organization.
• Demonstrates strong self-awareness, open to different approaches and ideas and open to challenging status quo to drive new business initiatives.
• Superior communications, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in an English and Cantonese environment
• Ability to work in a Mandarin environment a plus
• Record of performance on revenue and share growth.
• Track record of performance on revenue and share growth.
• Strong impact, influencing and negotiation skills.
• Ability to thrive in an individual contributor role.
Undergraduate degree in business / computer sciences / engineering required; MBA preferred.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website