Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleDatabase Engineer[Overview]
• Provide world-class support and expertise to all of MasterCard's Database environments.
• MasterCard's Database Architects set the direction for the enterprise leadership to design and build highly available, scalable and efficient solutions
• Represent MasterCard's Data Architecture team as a subject matter expert.
• Continually look for opportunities to create efficiencies and provide expertise to integrate technologies and platforms into current environments
• Provide leadership and contribute to technology roadmaps to support MasterCard's vision
• What technologies do you have hands-on experience with, and what degree is that experience?
• In your current role, what new database technologies have you integrated into your current environment and how?
• What experience do you have with data migration and integration from multiple systems?
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
• Leads in managing clients expectations and communicates proactively.
• Displays excellent collaborative skills to facilitate cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work with team members located in multiple geographies and time zones
• Ability to work with minimal supervision seeking direction as required
• Configure and set up new database installations
• Review existing configurations and installations and provide design decisions for improvements to platform environments
• Implements backup strategies and performs upgrades and patching
• Develop architectures to migrate data and entire databases; Implement and deliver on the architecture migrating databases.
• Perform production level support and be part of the on call rotation when required.
• Work with RDBMS vendors and their respected support channels when required.
• Work with multiple application teams and developers
• Lead and set direction for MasterCard's use of best practices and application database solutions.
• Work with management to plan and implement new strategies including new tools and products that provide data services.
• Lead efforts to identify, communicate and implement new strategies and represents Data Architecture in high level planning and long term direction.
• Advance knowledge of Oracle middleware (OEM/ODI/OWB/APEX).
• Advance knowledge of Oracle physical database tuning.
• Intermediate/Advance knowledge of SQL tuning background.
• Working knowledge of backup/recovery
• Working PL/SQL coding background.
• Advance implementation knowledge of partitioning.
• Advanced knowledge of Oracle RAC, Cluster Resource software and Oracle 12C features.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information systems or equivalent experience.
• Highly knowledgeable of RDBMS architecture and internal database workings
• Excellent trouble shooting skills
• Proficient with Oracle RDBMS installation and configuration.
• Proficient with Oracle Enterprise Monitoring and alerting tools/processes
• Proficient in setup, configuration and monitoring of Oracle & Postgresql binary and logical data replication solutions (binary streaming, xDB Multi Master replication, Oracle Data Guard, Oracle GoldenGate)
• Proficient with collecting diagnostics and tuning Oracle as well as SQL tuning
• Proficient with Oracle & Postgres procedural languages (PL/pgSQL, PL/Tcl, PL/Perl, PL/Python) and SQL
• Proficient with Linux (RedHat)
• Working knowledge of Data Modelling.
• Working knowledge of scripting languages, Bash,KSH, perl etc
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website