We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleBizOps Engineer - Mastercard Launch 2023Mastercard Launch is a full-time graduate development program designed to build the skills we leverage most as an innovator in the payments space, connects employees in enriching ways, and immerses new talent into our Doing Well by Doing Good culture. This program is meant for those who dare to be greater and those who wish to make a real impact in the world.
Mastercard's Business Operations teams are the stewards for production readiness for the platform, by managing, mitigating, or elevating awareness of the business risk of all customer interactions with Mastercard's technology platforms. We accomplish this by linking every technology recommendation with a business value, continuously monitoring platform health indicators, and elevating awareness when one of our main objectives is at risk. There are 3 main groups within BizOps at Mastercard:
· React: the service management functions that are largely unplanned but help oversee our platforms and return to service when issues arise
· Protect: our service readiness activities, aimed at preventing production issues for our programs
Enable: the automation activities at enable programs to run faster and flawlessly
• Takes focus on specific projects of Business Operations for a platform.
• Responsible for coordinating with the local team to ensure a particular project is completed to enhance the platform quality.
• Develops plans to improve quality for each project that impacts the platform.
• Ensures platform procedures are well documented.
• Helps to innovate on new methodologies to improve Business Operations.
All About You:
· Currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree with a strong focus and interest in technology (Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or another related field) and a graduation date of Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
· Familiarity with agile software development; exposure to application development lifecycles and how it integrates with operations
· Basic understanding of infrastructure, middleware, ITSM fundamentals, database, project management
· Experience with Java, SQL, Python, Linux preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
· Excellent communication skills, ability and willingness to tackle complex problems
In many locations, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website