Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleAssociate Managing Consultant, Commercial green belt, NAMAssociate Managing Consultant, Commercial Payments Subject Matter Expert (SME), Delivery, Data & Services (Role can be based in any Mastercard office or most remote locations in the US/Canada)
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as an Associate Managing Consultant and Commercial Payments SME
As an Associate Managing Consultant and commercial subject matter expert, you will have the opportunity to lead key client engagements across a range of industries and types of consulting projects, acting as a participant in, and overseeing quality across commercial payments projects. Working with technology and data, you will generate key hypotheses and independently structure workstreams to address client problems. Overseeing the day-to-day work of the project delivery team, you will identify creative and useful commercial banking analyses to address client problems, synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations. You will also create effective, impactful storylines and slides.
In leading the problem-solving process to drive high-value decisions, you will also have the opportunity to mentor junior teammates and contribute to the firm's intellectual capital and solution development. At Mastercard, you are expected to have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients' businesses, while also taking a leading role in shaping the organization's future.
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for, and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
• Subject Matter Expertise: Local office go-to person for commercial payments, assisting with specialist sales support (such as presentations, demonstrations, RFP support), product management & development, client program implementation and support, and focused on knowledge sharing and development of team members.
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills.
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with Mastercard clients, and intuition for the way that companies and their end client make decisions.
• Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, positioning Mastercard's solutions as high value solutions in sales and delivery conversations.
• Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude.
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity, with a willingness to embrace and learn from mistakes.
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
• Undergraduate or master's degree
• Experience in a consulting organization as a consultant, or working in commercial banking in a strategic client-facing capacity
• NAPCP certification or AFP(CTP) preferred
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
• Exposure specifically in commercial payments and / or corporate banking
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
• Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with both junior- and senior-level client contacts
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website