We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleAnalyst, Analytics & MetricsOverview
• The GBSC Analytics and Automation team is built upon strong contributors with leadership abilities, innovative mindsets and with strong business and technical acumen.
• The team thinks creatively, design smart, simple to use, cost-effective solutions that empower our customer with actionable insights.
• Acting as an idea incubator supporting various GBSC initiatives the team provides in-depth analysis and strategic guidance enabling process improvement and identifying ways to leverage data for answering business questions and driving operational efficiency.
• The GBSC Analytics and Automation innovate using new age technologies and data analysis techniques to discover actionable insights and communicate data in new and more effective ways for influencing business decisions, encouraging long-term customer engagement, improving processes and productivity, and overall evolving the way we do business.
Are you motivated to be a part of creative and innovative team?
Have you collaborated with a team of diverse skills and experience?
Do you have an entrepreneur mindset?
• Support multiple analytics projects and initiatives within GBSC and Mastercard.
• Identify, design and implement data and process automation solutions to support GBSC Operations and the global organization.
• Build and support an infrastructure to enable effectively working with large sets of unstructured and structured data.
• Develop new queries and Alteryx flows for extracting, transforming and analyzing data to address project requirements.
• Develop dashboards and reports that adhere to the visualization best practices and communicate a story.
• Participate in drafting documents and presentations for communicating innovations, ideas, or discoveries.
• Contribute to strengthening motivated, innovative and productive team that creates next generation analytics for the shared services center and Mastercard.
• Generate and implement ideas to continuously improve analytics and reporting services delivery.
• Work closely with finance teams and internal customers (GBSC Operations) to identify short-term and long-term objective alignment.
All About You
• Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm to apply data to discover and solve business challenges and questions;
• Problem solving mentality, resourcefulness and creativity in identifying solutions;
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build professional relationship, influence and negotiate;
• Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques and data mining methodologies.
• Knowledge of SQL, ability to write, execute and optimize performance of complex queries;
• Experience with information delivery and knowledge of data visualization techniques for preparing data discovery, operational and executive dashboards;
• Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner with both technical and non-technical customers;
• Strong background in fundamentals of probability, statistics, linear algebra and matrices;
• Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI, Spotfire etc.;
• Proficiency with ETL tools such as Alteryx, Infomatica, SSIS etc.
• Data modeling;
• Knowledge of a programming language like R or Python is a plus;
• Experience with machine learning algorithms and methods is a plus;
• Experience with predictive analytics and optimization models is a plus.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website