Description & Qualifications
The Security Officer position is responsible for providing guard and patrol duties in assigned areas to protect life and property against theft, misappropriation, fire, flood, or similar disaster in compliance with government and management directives.
Among other duties, this position will:
- Ensure physical security of buildings and property by checking doors, windows, lights, electrical appliances, equipment, locks and emergency equipment. Maintain log of findings and corrective actions taken.
- Perform parking and traffic control duties; check identification of personnel, students, and visitors seeking entrance to or exit from center and permit or deny entrance or exit according to established policies and procedures.
- Maintain security desk in lobby area and operate communications systems evenings, weekend, and holidays.
- Assist in transporting ill and injured as required.
- Respond to fire alarms, take necessary steps to report fires, assist in suppressing fires and reset fire alarm system.
- Set up and check operation of intrusion alarm systems in buildings as required.
- Assist staff and law enforcement personnel in controlling disturbances. Conduct preliminary investigations of crimes.
- Provide transportation services.
- Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary, and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- It is expected that the incumbent perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Required
High school diploma or equivalent and one year related experience. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills, and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website