Reports to the career success director. Directly supervises the recreation aides. Responsible for planning, implementation, and coordination of a recreation/avocation program designed to meet the needs of students in compliance with government and management directives.
- Assist with the planning and coordinating the administrative and student activities services of the department.
- Assist with the evaluation of staff performance, providing staff training, recommending and implementing department and personnel changes as approved by management and coordinated with human resources prior to implementation.
- Assist with developing a departmental budget; monitoring and controlling expenditures. Review and recommend changes to budget authorization
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting recreation.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Develop and distribute weekly, monthly and annual recreational plans and schedules of activities.
- Develop, oversee, and conduct physical fitness, recreational and social activities to comply with and support overall goals for student development.
- Develop and maintain personnel shift schedules for programmatic coverage seven days a week.
- Establish and maintain linkages with community resources providing recreational opportunities for students.
- Oversee operation of all recreational facilities and programs; ensure proper health and sanitation standards are maintained.
- Coordinate with other center staff pertaining to recreation and social activities.
- Provide management to recreation staff performing technical functions in organizing, conducting and supervising physical, recreational and social activities.
- Coordinate the new student recreation orientation program.
- De-escalate potential verbal or physical student altercations.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Associates of degree and one year related experience working with youth required preferably in organized recreational activities. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements. Valid commercial driver's license or ability to obtain commercial license within 120 days of employment with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website