Position Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse – Full Time
Posting Dates: January 06, 2020 – January 20, 2020 at 12:00PM(Internal & External)
Summary of Duties:
- Responsible for providing nursing care and assistance for ill and/or injured persons. All decisions should be reviewed with the Nursing Supervisor with the exception of routine duties assigned to the nurse (LVN) in compliance with MTC Medical and the Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP).
- Under direction of health service administrator, supervising nurse, and professional service providers and in accordance with approved standing orders, assess condition of and prescribe treatment for inmates reporting to sick call.
- Assist with provider line; prepare examining room and equipment.
- Operate pill call, administer medication, and document as required by applicable policies and procedures.
- Control medication, syringes, and other medical supplies or equipment as required.
- Perform emergency procedures as needed and call physician for treatment orders.
- Practice basic cost containment and utilization management for patient care and facility operations.
- Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical records; observe applicable HIPAA rules.
- Comply with all applicable pharmacy laws, especially those covering controlled substances.
- Perform work as an on-call basis as required.
- Prepare and maintain narrative, statistical, summary, operational records, reports, and logs.
- Conduct chart review; review status of inmates with serious health problems for completion of all necessary intervention and treatment. Attend scheduled staff meetings; promote communications and proper flow of relevant information in the medical unit.
- Facilitate, where applicable, NCCHC/ACA/JCAHO accreditation of the medical program by providing the required level of efficiency and approved, appropriate medical services.
- Prepare and disseminate safety and accident reports as required by policies and procedures; take appropriate action in case of serious and unusual incidents and emergencies.
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters in include administering basic emergency medical aid, physically removing people away from dangerous situation, and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
- Properly chart medical care.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Assist corporate counsel with responses to inmate lawsuits.
- Promote the development of positive social skills and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
Job Requirements: Degree in nursing, current valid nursing license for the state of California. Must possess current CPR certification. Meet DOJ residency requirements and be from an allied nation. A valid California Driver's License with an acceptable driving record is required unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
The online application must be filled-out completely for consideration.
Contact Information: Kayla Torres, Human Resources, 661-765-3022
MTC Website: www.mtctrains.com
Internal Applicants: Interested and qualified staff must apply online at http://inside.mtctrains.com/. To log in and apply from your personal computer, your username will be your employee ID number and your password will be the last four digits of your social security number. Click on Careers and select email@example.com. You will be required to create a new profile and then apply for the vacancy. NOTE: You must notify your supervisor and the human resources department. Failure to do so may disqualify you from the selection process.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website