Implements the ASACS Counseling Program at assigned location.
- Implements the Adolescent Support and Counseling Services (ASACS) Program at assigned school-based locations.
- Performs a comprehensive assessment of referred adolescents and families.
- Develops an individualized service plan that addresses the needs identified in the comprehensive assessment with goals, methods, and techniques tailored the needs of each client.
- Performs individual, and/or group counseling, and/or family counseling as necessary.
- Promotes resiliency, reduces mental health disorders, reduces adolescent substance abuse, and develops general life skills through a proactive approach, such as engaging in community-wide drug awareness campaigns and interfacing with community key stakeholders including the garrison command on adolescent substance use issues and trends within the community.
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesMaster's degree from an accredited university (CACREP accreditation required for counseling programs).
Drug and Alcohol Certification (MRAS, CSAC, CAP, etc).
Licensed as an independent level provider Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor/Licensed Professional Counselor (LHMC/LPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or Clinical/Counseling Psychologist at PhD level, with clinical license.
Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices on most or all workdays and have experience with electronic medical records.
Ability to work under time pressure. and rapidly for long periods to meet deadlines.
General Job Information
Work Experience - RequiredBehavioral Health
Work Experience - Preferred
Education - RequiredMasters
Education - Preferred
License and Certifications - RequiredCADAC - Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor - Care Mgmt, CAP - Certified Addiction Professional - Care Mgmt, CSAC - Certified Substance Abuse Counselor - Care Mgmt, LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMFT - Licensed Marital and Family Therapist - Care Mgmt, LMHC - Licensed Mental Health Counselor - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, MRAS - Masters Level Registered Addiction Specialist - Care Mgmt, PSY - Psychologist - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
This position may be eligible for short-term incentives as well as a comprehensive benefits package. Magellan offers a broad range of health, life, voluntary and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing.
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Apply on company website