Sign On Bonus: 2500.00
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 508-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, "Summit Award" from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, "Consumer Choice Award" from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina's “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.Job Summary
Member of the nursing care team. Provides direct patient care under the direction of a licensed nurse. Provides patient support as directed for a variety of activities including (but not limited to): nutrition services, transport, daily hygiene, mobility, and data collection.Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum Years of Experience: 1 Year of experience as a nurse tech
- Substitutable Education & Experience: 1 Year of experience can be substituted for Certification as a Nursing Assistant or successful completion of fundamentals of nursing course
- Required Certifications/Licensure: BLS required within the first 90 days of hire
- Required Training: None
- PATIENT CARE & SUPPORT
- Participates in interventions related to the patient plan of care.
- Reports to nurse changes in patient condition and observations relevant to patients needs.
- Provides safety measures in accordance with unit standards.
- Recognizes need for safety measures and takes appropriate action to prevent injury.
- Demonstrates ability to provide a comfortable environment of care in accordance with unit standards:
- Prepares rooms and/or equipment for expected admissions.
- Assists with admission procedures and orients patient to environment.
- Provides assistance with all activities of daily living for patients.
- Changes linen and makes bed, organizes the patient's environment, and performs other personalized services within prescribed limits.
- Prepares patient for discharge/transfer by obtaining necessary equipment and gathering belongings.
- CLINICAL WORK QUALITY
- Shares knowledge/expertise with co-workers and promotes a positive working environment.
- Accepts work assignments readily.
- Abides by LMC's Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrates knowledge of area and organizational activities by attending or reading minutes of staff meetings, and other communications.
- Is able to verbalize and/or demonstrate knowledge of the PI process OR is aware of unit performance improvement activities.
- Supports and participates actively in change processes/performance improvement activities by willingly adopting new methods.
- Functions as a role model for students and staff and displays positive problem solving behavior.
- Demonstrates timely communication of patient events/issues to appropriate persons.
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Uses time and supplies/equipment in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate tasks.
- Demonstrates effective teamwork skills and maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Completes assigned tasks within specified time frame.
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (continued)
- Prioritizes workload to best meet both patient and unit needs.
- Restocks rooms with supplies needed for patient care.
- Assists in performing and documenting environmental checks as required by LMC policy and regulatory agencies.
- Promptly responds to all communication devices in order to meet patient needs.
- CLERICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enters pertinent information into the electronic medical record.
- Performs chart maintenance by:
- Verifies that all information in the patient chart is correctly labeled and filed and initiates appropriate action when necessary (patient label, face sheets, etc.).
- Assembles, checks and routes patient files in cases of surgery, transfer (to include new ID bracelet), discharge or death according to procedure.
- Schedules physician appointments, call physician consults, requests copies of the medical record (when indicated) and arranges transportation for patients as requested.
- Demonstrates knowledge and effective use of medical terminology.
- Maintains established stock levels of clerical supplies.
- Restocks and /or orders supplies.
- Removes outdated forms or supplies from unit, organizes clerical supplies and makes up new charts.
- Credits supplies and equipment to appropriate department.
- Orders specialty items (from in-house as well as outside vendors) for patients.
- Promptly follows appropriate procedure for returning specialty equipment from outside vendors.
- PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains required certifications.
- Completes yearly safety training and other mandatory classes.
- Meets or exceeds all LMC requirements for attendance and service expectations.
- Complies with all annual employee health requirements.
- Perofrms all other duties as assigned.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Eligible employees may also enroll in LMC's retirement plans on their date of hire, including the South Carolina State Retirement System (SCRS)
- Supplemental 401(k)
- 457(b) retirement plans
- Free life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Adoption assistance
- 401(K) Match – LMC matches dollar for dollar up to 6%
- LMC provides its full-time employees short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- 529 College Savings
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Apply on company website