Consistently named best hospital, Lexington Medical Center dedicates itself to providing quality health services that meet the needs of its communities. Ranked #2 in the state and #1 in the Columbia metro area by U.S. News & World Report, Lexington Medical Center is the only hospital named one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina.
The 607-bed hospital anchors a health care network that includes five community medical centers and employs nearly 8,000 health care professionals. The network includes a cardiovascular program recognized by the American College of Cardiology as South Carolina's first HeartCARE CenterTM and an accredited Cancer Center of Excellence affiliated with MUSC Hollings Cancer Center for research and education. The network also features an occupational health center, the largest skilled nursing facility in the Carolinas, an Alzheimer's care center and nearly 80 physician practices.
Analyzes credit balance accounts to determine action necessary to obtain payment. Will use judgment to determine most appropriate method of resolution (i.e. refund checks, correcting adjustments and/or referring accounts for further follow-up on corrected claims, etc.).Minimum Qualifications
•Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
•Minimum Years of Experience: 2 Years of experience in related field or billing/follow-up role regarding hospital and physician billing or cash posting.
•Substitutable Education & Experience: None
•Required Certifications/Licensure: None
•Required Training: Must have completed medical terminology course or have experience and ease in understanding required medical terminology; Requires strong computer skills and in-depth knowledge of hospital operations and all types of health insurance; Computer proficiency required to include spreadsheets, word processing, etc.; Minimum typing of 40 wpm; Medicare procedural knowledge; Analytical reasoning and problem solving.
- Post various adjustments and write offs requested by reps or from special reports, compliance and management.
- Process late charges (and credits) per departmental requests and purchase requisitions (after calculating mark up).
- Transfer charges as needed for Same DOS for all insurances when requested for review. Correct accounts due to the 3 Day Rule for Medicare, Medicaid, Select Health, and Government HMO's.
- Audit patient accounts to determine correct charges, dates, account type and insurance, correcting as necessary when problems are identified.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by authorized personnel or as required in an emergency, e.g. fire or disaster.
- Maintains an optimistic and professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, co-workers and other departments within the hospital. Shows courtesy, compassion and respect.
- Conforms to Service Excellence Policy and “House Rules”.
- Responsible for meeting productivity levels as defined in the critical elements specific to the job.
- Attends Corporate Compliance in-services and adheres to overall hospital compliance program.
- Process incoming mail for insurance refunds. Review refund requests through Contract Pro.
- Assist Customer Service Department and Medical Collections Department with patient concerns and questions.
- Process Medical Audit corrections initiated in Customer Service.
- Discuss, review and correct Client Bills whenever contacted by the Client representatives.
- Research unapplied payments and adjustments and take action necessary to resolve including posting to correct patient accounts, making account adjustments or issuing payment refund request.
- Post high volume of transactions in a timely manner as assigned.
- Review account details to ensure application of appropriate transactions.
- Balance transactions daily and record on electronic balance forms.
- Maintain documentation electronically or hard copy for reference.
- Reconcile all misrouted documentation received from locations across the enterprise in a timely manner.
- Comply with time and attendance policy.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
- Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
- Adoption assistance
- LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Apply on company website