Job ID: 99502
The Leonardo DRS Land Systems business is a recognized leader in the design and integration of complex technologies into new and legacy systems and platforms for global military and commercial customers.Job Summary
DRS Sustainment Systems is seeking a Full Time Tooling Machinist to work either 2nd Shift 3:30pm – 12:00am or 3rd Shift 12:00am – 7:00am.Job Responsibilities
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule and within budget
- Follow written work instructions must maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all safety procedures including those which govern the handling of materials, chemicals, tools, and equipment.
- Properly use required PPE
- Operate a variety of mechanisms, tools, or machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, and layout and machining procedures
- Operate CNC equipment making inputs through control panel while understanding the machine coordinate system, tooling required, and what various commands will do.
- Study specifications such as blueprint, sketch, damaged part, or description of part to be replaced to determine dimensions and tolerances of pieces to be machined, sequence of operations, and tools, materials, and machines required
- Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining
- Verify conformance of work piece to specifications using measuring instruments
- May operate mechanism of machine, observe operation, or test with inspection equipment to diagnose malfunction or to test repaired machine
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years' experience in CNC machining
Apply on company website