Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS NIS is located on the East coast of Florida in Melbourne. DRS NIS is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered, technically advanced, defense electronics for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DRS NIS manufactures rugged communications interfaces serving military Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence and Surveillance (C4ISR) initiatives. Products include hand-held devices, targeting scopes, night vision optics, laptop computers and vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and fighting vehicle applications. DRS specializes in equipment that allows communication between broad spectrums of battlefield interfaces.
Job Title: Technician I Optical (Weekend shift)- 12 hour shifts
Primary substrate cleaner/ assistant thin film coating operator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include lapping and cleaning of various substrates per process plans
- Preliminary experience in the part marking of lenses using laser part marker
- Collect and define paperwork package from all optics shops before moving to QC
- Preliminary experience to assist in Thin Film Coating (final clean, tool, system set up, final inspect, packaging of lenses)
- Familiarity or operating DMES
- Should understand fundamental optics principles and is capable of inspecting for surface quality defects of optics
- Use judgement in re-working to bring unit within quality control specifications
- Testing, inspection, and optical assemblies
- Works under minimal supervision and may provide guidance to other technicians
- Capable of performing related manufacturing processes
- Interpret and follow written documents such as SOPs, process plans and safety rules
- Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification
- May assist in training new team members
- Interface with other departments to assure efficient flow of information and materials
- Perform Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet production deadlines
- Quality of finished product (Pass/fail rates)
- Raw material stock levels
- Compliance outcomes
- Position requires the ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Basic Qualifications (include education and years of experience required)
- High school diploma or GED
- Must demonstrate strong decision-making and leadership skills
- Experienced handling small delicate components , using ESD practices
- Must be experienced in the safe handling of chemicals
- Experienced in the use of various computer applications, including Access, Excel, and Labview
- Experience with MRP a plus
- Must have good hand and eye coordination
- Must have a good mechanical skills
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Walking, Bending, Stooping kneeling etc)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website