LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
Possess a working knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. Customs and Border Protection Regulations including the Foreign Trade Regulations, Economic Embargo Regulations, and Importation of Arms, Ammunition and Implements of War Regulations. Work with the engineering team to interpret technical aspects of product offerings and apply regulatory compliance definitions in determining appropriate categories/classifications. Design and implement export strategies and activities within the business unit, ensuring adherence to all regulatory, organization and project requirements. Provide training to all local team members; perform assessment of work and assist to achieve all export objectives developing and maintaining professional relationships performing regular communication with all staff and clients.Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years in trade and/or trade compliance related position
- Master's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to apply U.S. Government regulatory requirements in complex scenarios
- Specialized knowledge of multiple areas within U.S. Government regulations and business practices
- Significant experience with DOS, DOC, OFAC, BATF and US Customs regulations
- Experience in product self-classification and Commodity Jurisdiction application process
- Ability to interpret “specially designed”, “order-of-review”, and Export Control Reforms and apply them to DRS programs and products
- Experience with U.S. Department of State DECCS and Bureau of Industry & security SNAP-R web portals
- Ability to obtain DoD Collateral Secret Security Clearance required
- Ability to manage assignments with limited or no direct supervision
- Ability to manage daily trade compliance operations and team
- Ability to analyze and solve highly complex problems
- Demonstrated consistent application of company and industry business practices and concepts
- Attention to detail and follow through on tasks assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel as necessary to support the functions of the job
- Management and supervisory experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to foster and work well in a team environment
- Responsible for facilitating DRS business by developing, implementing, and overseeing the maintenance of internal export/import controls to ensure compliance with U.S. government export/import regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. Customs and Border Protection Regulations, including the Foreign Trade Regulations, Economic Embargo Regulations, and Importation of Arms, Ammunition and Implements of War Regulations
- Provides advice and guidance to senior leaders on the complex application and implementation of U.S. Government export/import regulations
- Work with the engineering team(s) to interpret technical aspects of product offerings and apply regulatory compliance definitions in determining appropriate categories/classifications
- Interface with internal and external customers in trade compliance matters
- Manage the trade compliance program at a facility or for a major program, and serve as the primary interface on interpretation of regulatory requirements or Company trade policies and procedures for facility or program personnel
- Oversee and manage projects both inter-organizational and cross-functional to support business objectives
- Supervise, mentor and assist Trade Specialists in day to day export/import activities
- May mentor other functional managers in day-to-day export/import activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 25%
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website