Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Airborne & Intelligence Systems, Germantown, MD specializes in communications-surveillance products that meld both RF and DSP technologies and is a leading worldwide supplier of high-quality signal-intercept equipment. We provide creative RF solutions to the Department of Defense and prime contractors. The facility designs and manufactures HF, VHF, and SHF tuners and receivers, demodulators, direction finders and wireless intercept solutions.
Job Location: Germantown, MD
Title: Applications Engineer (systems) Job Summary Job Responsibilities
- Research, collect, and report information on the ability and capacity of company products and competing equipment. Aid in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers. May act as technical liaison to the sales team in assisting them qualify opportunities.
- Responsible for leading group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction, develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Drive the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Participate in preparation of proposals
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Lead and direct the work of others as assigned
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
- Lead less-experienced engineers
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Fluency in technologies and application domain
- Ability to lead a technical group independently
Leonardo DRS, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #AIS
Apply on company website