Job ID: 99626
Leonardo Daylight Solutions business provides industry-changing mid-infrared laser light technology for government and commercial markets, including: defense and security; life sciences; and industrial process control. As a mid-IR technology pioneer, Daylight Solutions has delivered more mid-IR systems to more applications world-wide than any other company.Job Summary
The position will be responsible for driving technology in the design, development, validation and documentation of application software to support the test and manufacturing of laser based products. This role will require collaboration and tasking in support of other departments, disciplines and external customers on new products, existing products in production, and legacy fielded products. Primary development tasks include management of software requirements and specifications, design and documentation of software architecture, source code development and management, end production validation and testing. This position requires a solid foundation in Windows based PC software application development. Ability to complete a technical project independently. Mentor and coach other engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget.
• Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of software products, systems or subsystems.
• Ability to complete a technical project independently
• Mentor and coach other engineers.
• Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable.
• Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments.
• Document component and subsystem specifications and material requirements
• Analyze designs as necessary.
• Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services.
• Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements.
• Develop prototypes to retire key development risks.
• Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required.
• Participate heavily in preparation of the more complex and significant proposals.
• Provide technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel.
• Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress.
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
• Requires a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related field or equivalent.
• Mastery of technologies and domain knowledge.
• Expected to have knowledge and significant experience in multiple engineering disciplines.
• Requires a minimum of 8 years of Windows based C++ software development experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in the following areas:
o Must have experience in C++, QT and C# development for MS Windows
o Must have experience with Windows desktop Graphical User Interfaces
o Must have Instrument control and communication, Multi-threading, and database interaction
o Test instrument control through a variety of communication protocols
o SQL Server Relational database experience
o Working with a version control system such as Git or SVN
o Report generation
o Software validation and testing
• The experienced at providing code documentation and commenting code.
• Scientific and numerical analysis programming skills.
• Experience with Qt application framework.
• C# and Windows Forms.
• Experience with SQL Server.
• Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC).
• Experience with Jira a plus.
• Occasional travel to San Diego, CA as necessary.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
Apply on company website