Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC, a joint venture between Leonardo DRS and Thales USA, is a technical leader in the fields of sonar systems, sonar signal processing, acoustic training systems, and open architecture system and software integration. The venture focuses on emerging areas in the undersea warfare domain where the customer has identified mission-critical needs. For additional information about Advanced Acoustic Concepts, please visit our website at http://www.aaccorp.com.
Title: Principal Software Architect
Job Location: Hauppauge, NY; Lemont Furnace, PA (Uniontown area); Columbia, MD; Washington, DC
Position Summary: Advanced Acoustic Concepts is seeking a Principal Software Architect for one of our above mentioned locations. The Principal Software Architect will be responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget. The ideal candidate will hold certifications such as DODAF, TOGAF, or other Certified Enterprise Architecture certifications. The Principal Software Architect will design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of software applications and/or systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach other engineers. Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Develops software tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Determines hardware compatibility.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Document component and subsystem specifications and material requirements
- Analyze designs as necessary
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required
- Interacts with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Participates heavily in preparation of the more complex and significant proposals
- May include Image and Signal Processing, Real-time, Firmware, Nuclear/Hi-Rel, FAA Certified, Database Design, Operating Systems, Operator/Machine Interface, or others.
- Provides technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress
- May mentor and coach the work of others as assigned
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 8 years of experience Mastery of technologies and domain knowledge
- Expected to have knowledge and significant experience in multiple engineering disciplines
- Certifications such as DODAF, TOGAF, or other Certified Enterprise Architecture certifications
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with Virtualization, Cyber and Information Assurance
- Lifting up to 20 lbs. up to 25% of the time
- Climbing, Bending, Standing or Stooping up to 10% of the time
- Walking up to 25% of the time
- Sitting up to 75% of the time
AAC works on a 9/80 compressed work schedule, where employees work 80 hours in 2 weeks, and off every other Friday.
Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC; DRS Technologies, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #MCSS
Apply on company website