Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies, and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture, and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Advanced Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (AISR) Dayton, OH, designs, develops, and manufactures avionics systems, flight safety products, tactical radios, communications equipment, and intelligence systems used by the United States and friendly foreign military services. The company also integrates its products onto military and other government agency platforms and supports these products worldwide.
Job Location: Dayton, OH
Title: FPGA Engineer IVJob Summary
Responsibilities will involve primarily working with a team of engineers supporting the development of our product line (receivers, jammers, and direction finding equipment) and the integration of our products into airborne, naval, and ground systems.Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Ability to complete a technical project independently
- Mentor and coach other engineers.
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Document component and subsystem specifications and material requirements
- Analyze designs as necessary
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required
- Participate heavily in preparation of the more complex and significant proposals
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
- Mentor and coach less-experienced engineers
- Involved with the design, development, modification and analysis of various electronics systems. Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions in existing products or systems and makes modifications as needed. Compile and evaluate design and test data. Analyze, develop and recommend design approaches.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 8 years of experience
Minimum 8 years of hardware design experience
PC PC Board design (Schematic capture) experience and FPGA (VHDL/Verilog/Simulation)
Ability to generate system level requirements, design, and evaluation
Expected to have knowledge and significant experience in multiple engineering disciplines
Ability to review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
Proven ability to design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
Ability to complete a technical project independently
Current Secret Clearance or ability to obtain one; available for occasional travel
Leonardo DRS, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #AIS
Apply on company website