The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.Job Summary
Leonardo DRS is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Test Equipment Engineer. Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirments, as well as homeland security.
- Performs moderately complex functions in the process design, fabrication, modification and/or evaluation of Production operations May prepare complicated plans, conduct support studies, provide analysis or tests in the development of Production operations May assign work to drafters and/or technicians and provide guidance to lower level engineers
- Responsibilities are diverse in scope where analysis of situations or data requires sound judgment
- General guidance given on new assignments as needed
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Design and develop manufacturing test systems for performance testing of products for product acceptance. Perform software development and debugging of test systems in multiple software tools. Review detail designs to create test protocols. Develop calibration requirements for test systems.
- Bachelors Degree in an applicable engineering field with 5+ years applicable engineering experience (or equivalent combination of education/training and experience
- 5+ years of C# .NET development experience
- 5+ years of Visual Basic, VB .NET development
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Project
- Generation of: TRD, STP, SVD, SDD, FSM and requirements traceability, detailed design, test plans and related reviews for PDR, CDR, TRR and PRR
- Experience developing test software for CCA functional testers, electromechanical subassembly testers, optical alignment stations, and environmental screening systems for a production environment
- Practical experience and hands on knowledge of various test equipment architecture including GPIB, VXI, PXI, TCPIP, RS232/422/485, RS170, MIL-STD-1553 and JTAG interface
- Experience developing a variety of applications, from simple applications to large integrated test suites with full documentation packages
- Software development experience using Windows on a PC platform
- Develop manual and automated test stations, define equipment, software use such as LabVIEW, Visual Basic is required
- Experience with SQL database support
- Hands on knowledge of integrating software with COTS hardware along with designing custom software
Apply on company website