Job ID: 99500
The Leonardo DRS Global Enterprise Solutions business delivers world-class mission-critical satellite communications and security solutions with unmatched reliability and support anywhere in the world.Job Summary
Title: Manned Airborne ISR SME – Engineer IV Communications
Location: MacDill AFB, FL
The Manned Airborne ISR (MAISR) Subject Matter Expert (SME) will provide Tier 3 tracking, planning, troubleshooting and coordination for all things satellite communications (SATCOM) systems related on manned airborne ISR platforms. Position includes working SATCOM tasks with full motion video (FMV), command and control issues and development, sensor data transport issues and development, and unit level support. The MAISR SME will take part in any mission planning, conferences and document writing as required by customer leadership. The MAISR SME is part of a team that ensures effective SATCOM network utilization for manned platforms. The MAISR SME may be required to work priority issues after normal work hours, telephonically. The duty schedule for this position is a 5 day work week (Monday through Friday), 8 hours per day. The 5 day work week may include some nights/weekends and/or holidays and will include travel. The position is located at MacDill AFB, FL, and requires some travel to meet mission requirements.Job Responsibilities
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
• Support manned AISR aircraft SATCOM systems troubleshooting for the purpose of operational support
• Provide subject matter expertise to AISR management center and government personnel.
• Perform site surveys and assist in the development of aircraft and Regional Ground Entry Point (RGEP) operations.
• Act as a Project Lead managing teams comprised of SATCOM network and RF engineers supporting aircraft, RGEP, and Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED) cell upgrades and changes.
• Prepare and review applicable Aircraft Management documentation with reference to SATCOM networks and systems.
• Support configuration design and troubleshooting for aircraft routing, switching, sensors, and SATCOM terminals.
• Verify technical equipment specifications to ensure all new and existing aircraft follow policies and procedures set by USSOCOM J6 AISR SATCOM policy.
• Coordinate with supported organizations to ensure all new and existing aircraft follow AISR SATCOM policies and procedures set by USSOCOM.
• Travel to sites if necessary for planning, implementation, or troubleshooting of Manned AISR platforms.
• Participate in the research, evaluation and selection of new technologies.
• Support training for AISR Management Center personnel on supported MAISR platforms.
• Analyze complex communication systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices
• Resolve difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms including e-mail, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like
• Configure systems to user environments
• Support acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services
• May act as a technical project leader or provide work leadership for lower level employees
• May provide written technical descriptions and contribute in the development of technical solutions in support of proposal efforts
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
• Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• SME level knowledge of the SATCOM systems on manned AISR platforms and Ground Control Systems.
• Candidate must have a Top Secret (TS) Clearance with SCI eligibility.
• Must have earned a 8750 IAT II certification or obtain within 90 of hire.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to successfully interact with other IT professionals and end-users.
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
• Is open and responsive to change and demonstrates a commitment to the process of continuous improvement by identifying and responding actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers.
#CA #CS #MM
Apply on company website