Team: Industrial Engineering Location: Kanata
University Students – Join Us!
From hands-on internships to entry level positions, Leonardo DRS actively seeks fresh minds. When employees talk about their lives here, two themes always come up. First, they tell us that their education never comes to an end. Then, they say although Leonardo DRS is a large and growing organization, it feels like they're working at a smaller company. Their ideas are heard and taken to heart, helping to solve our most complex challenges. Join us, and your ideas can be heard, too.
DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. (DRS Canada), is a leading mid-tier Canadian defence electronics company specializing in military voice and data communications systems; electro-optics (EO) and infrared search and tracking systems (IRST); command, control, communications, computers and intelligence (C4I) systems integration; deployable flight data recorders; and defence/space electronics manufacturing.
With four decades of avionics experience, Leonardo DRS is capable of delivering a range of solutions for both rotary and fixed wing aircraft, include flight data recording and crash survival deployable flight incident recorders.
What it's like working at DRS!
- A motivating team-based environment where your achievements matter
- A chance to work on Industry leading edge technology with exceptional mentors
- Every second Friday off. We care about your work life balance!
- Flexible hours. Work your hours around your schedule
- Recipient of Carleton University's Co-Op Employer of the Year in 2018
- Free co-op events throughout the work term: rock climbing, escape rooms, Friendsgiving, board game lounges, canoeing/kayaking, and more!
- Seasonal company-wide events: free BBQs, Christmas party, Dragon Boat team, shinny hockey tournament, golf tournament, the Army Run, and more!
- We will cover relocation assistance for the airline flight (return) or gas expenses for students at Universities out of Ontario only.
This position functions within an integrated team environment to study, design and implement methods and process improvements for both Manufacturing and Administrative Departments.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Manufacturing Operations to roll-out and sustain process improvement changes
- Uses analytical skills/tools to work on process improvement projects across the business as needed; and participates in process improvement teams
- Develops and maintains a Standard Data base for production cost estimating, through Time Study and/or Work Sampling
- Participate in cost reduction projects, which may include capital equipment justification by determining cost vs. benefit and return on investment
- Communicate with various technical teams/experts to capture and report any required changes in current roles and/or business practices
- Assist with the update of procedures to reflect the new process.
- Assist in tracking and reporting project progress against schedule
- Other related tasks/projects as required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrates initiative and self-motivation
- Excellent time management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities
- Works effectively as a member of a team
- Demonstrates effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Currently enrolled in the Industrial Engineering program
- Experience in manufacturing an asset, preferably in the electronics industry
- Knowledge of Facility Design methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge of Work Measurement using Pre-Determined Time Standards, Time Study, Work Sampling
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office, Visio, AutoCad and familiarity with database management
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and SPC
- Ability to conduct independent technical studies
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and meet Controlled Goods Clearance requirements and Canadian security clearance; a minimum of 5 years continuous residence in Canada and a police background check are mandatory.
Special needs of candidates with disabilities will be accommodated. DRS is dedicated to Employment Equity. DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may apply to this position online at www.leonardodrs.com careers. #DRSCanada
Apply on company website