Job ID: 99635
The Leonardo DRS Global Enterprise Solutions business delivers world-class mission-critical satellite communications and security solutions with unmatched reliability and support anywhere in the world.
Title: Enterprise Solutions Engineer
As a senior member of DRS Global Enterprise Solutions' (GES) Engineering Operations team, the Solutions Architect is responsible for conceptualization and design of the Enterprise Solutions segment of the overall Information and Communications Technology (ICT) architecture. The Solutions Architect works to build and refine capabilities for IT enterprise services to include network management systems, data center/hosting, end-user services, service desk, and other managed services for current programs, provide support in pursuit of IT modernization new business as well as identify key gaps to address through partnership or new capability development. The selected candidate should be able to excel in an up-tempo environment and closely work with a matrixed team.
Primary & Essential Responsibilities
• Design enterprise solutions based on the overall ICT concept tailored to meet individual contract requirements for new business pursuits
• Institute best practices and technological approaches for ITSM and IT modernization capabilities including incident, problem, change and service management, trouble ticketing systems (e.g. ServiceNow, BMC Remedy), network services, end-user services, compute/hosting services, and other modern technologies.
• Understanding of solution costs, staff build out plans, and basis-of-estimates (BoE)
• Collaborate directly with Enterprise Line of Business (LoB), Program Management Operations (PMO) and Engineering & Operations teams to identify technology and solutions for increased contracts growth and improved customer satisfaction.
• Support existing programs in areas of technology insertion and technology refresh
• Be a technology resource for current and future enterprise solutions
• Capabilities on development of technology and proposal documents (responses to RFI/RFP/RFQ), and whitepapers
• Understanding of:
o Cloud services (Azure/AWS/Google Cloud/VMWare)
o Tools (Sunflower Asset Management, ScienceLogic1, etc.)
o Network Deployment Products (Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto Firewalls)
o Software/System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and methodologies
• Experience capturing technical requirements, solutions and implementations
• Experience performing requirements traceability (including scalability, performance, maintainability, resiliency and recovery)
• Understanding of security/cyber requirements as related to NIST/RMF/FIPS standards
• Partner with Capture and Business Development to participate in development of new business strategies, assessing current and future skills, and technology needs. Generate impactful technical sections and participate in all aspects of proposal reviews
• Shape and develop technical solutions/white papers and partner relationships through collaboration and industry days
• Represent DRS organization as enterprise solutions SME at trade shows, industry events, panel discussions, etc
• Bachelor of science degree in a technical discipline such as computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, and physics
• Eight or more years of experience supporting US Federal/DoD in the design and implementation of Enterprise, ITSM, cyber, and cloud solutions
• Understanding of competitor technology offerings and proven successful partnerships with subcontractors
• Experience working with capture management, proposals, business and project management teams
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Work location – Dulles, VA
• Relationships within Industry Vendors with ITSM tools and products is a plus
• Active Secret Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance is a plus
Apply on company website