To ensure the smooth and efficient operation of an organized school office in order to coordinate the staff and student body in the pursuit of maximizing quality student education.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Prepare written correspondence, forms, schedules, or reports using personal computer.
- Prepare instructional materials, meeting agendas, honor rolls, graduation lists, and campus communication as requested, using a personal computer.
- Maintain a daily teacher attendance log and records for substitute teachers.
- Monitor and process personnel time records including leave requests and reports; Compile information and submit to central office according to established deadlines.
- Maintain school calendar of events.
- Schedule meetings and appointments and maintain calendar for principal.
- Assist students, teachers, and parents as needed.
- Receive incoming calls, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff.
- Maintain physical and computerized files including mailing lists, student records, visitor logs, and office communication.
- Update handbooks, policy manuals, and other documents as assigned.
- Perform routine bookkeeping tasks to maintain campus budget records.
- Prepare and process purchase orders, travel forms, supplemental pay forms, procurement cards and reconciliation.
- Receive, store, and issue supplies and equipment.
- Prepare and make cash deposits for activity account(s); May be responsible for maintenance of activity checkbook(s) and ledger(s).
- Assist with coordination of faculty meetings and campus activities.
- Assist with campus budget preparation.
- Prepare and maintain budget revisions/amendments.
- Prepare campus sales tax reports.
- Maintain inventory of fixed assets, equipment, and supplies.
- Type, sort, copy and distribute routine letters, memos, reports, forms, compose/create letters, reports and charts.
- Administer medication to students, check temperatures, and notify parents of student illness in nurse's absence.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- Experience in administrative support work, preferably in public education environment.
- Knowledge of word processing, data entry, and file maintenance skills, including the ability to maintain accurate and auditable administrative, financial, and student records; basic bookkeeping/accounting principles and practices.
- Skills in organizational and interpersonal relations; emphasizing the ability to communicate pleasantly and effectively with students, parents, and staff members.
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, maintain and update databases, accomplish word processing tasks, prepare presentations, and access e-mail and Internet applications; perform job requirements with limited supervision; supervise administrative subordinates.
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Frequently communicates with other employees or public. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit.
- Ability to compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical information.
- Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone, computer or other electronic device.
- Use standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals.
- Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times.
Apply on company website