The Warehouse Lead reports to the Warehouse Supervisor and is based out of our Springdale, Arkansas location. This individual will be responsible for leading and directing the entire shift of the warehouse operation on the day to day activities with focus on production support and customer service. Must be able to problem solve and determine priority levels for the day's work assignments and determine what will be completed and by whom, including coverage for call outs, absences and vacations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Key duties include:
- Check in the driver, load the truck with use of BOL, using FIFO method, complete the load, print the BOL and sign out the driver
- Load, unload and pre-stage finished goods and ingredient loads
- Lead by example and direct others in the clean as you go program.
- Conduct daily walk through of the area and communicate findings to warehouse employees in their designated area
- Provide positive recognition to employees who exhibit good behavior in their work area
- Coordinate the clean-up of any finding during the walk though and communicate gaps to other shifts and departments
- Ensure product rotation is occurring by setting expectation and leading by example with the forklift drivers on shipping out the oldest product first
- Audit shippers to see if the oldest product was pulled and coach employees when there is a gap
- Maintain good quality of the product produced as it pertains to rotation, correct tagging of product and ensure product is not damaged in the warehouse
- Perform audits on tagging locations to verify tags were completed correctly on each line
Follow-up on rotation in shipping to ensure oldest product was sent and place any old age product on hold to prevent old product from being shipped
Responsibilities include partnering with the Warehouse Supervisor to:
- Communicate all shortages to the Sales Service Coordinator and Warehouse Supervisor.
- Lead and direct the entire shift of the warehouse operation on the day to day activities.
- Key duties include:
- Estimating daily work assignments and prioritizing the work depending on flow of work, time constraints and manpower
- Follow up on assignments to ensure they are completed to satisfactory levels
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Forklift certification
- One-year warehousing experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented; ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to understand and estimate daily work assignments and prioritize the work depending on flow of work, time constraints and manpower.
- Ability to work independently
- Credibility and Integrity
- Build and maintain professional relationships
- Ability to train others as needed
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and can multi-task
- Proven organizational skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website