Reporting to the Senior Director, Integrated Planning, the primary purpose of this role is to lead shortand long-term supply chain network planning efforts to recognize and recommend opportunities to achieve efficient inventory flow, capacity for new/incremental programs and decrease distribution center and transportation incremental costs. This position will own executing production and capacity planning; working with the information flow for the entire supply chain; and being responsible for the flow process from production plants and distribution centers to the customer. This position has direct interaction with all company functions and acts as the hub for all Supply Chain planning.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Develop and implement long-term supply chain optimization strategies and networks that address capacity issues, production location decisions, etc.
• Set strategies to ensure network capacity meets current and future network requirements
• Monitor key performance indicators, analyzes cost-to-serve performance data, and coordinates cross-functional work teams to increase effectiveness of network initiatives
• Collaborate with functions within the organization to identify and implement strategies that streamline the global supply chain
• Ensure capacities and inventory flows are in sync to provide smooth flow through of the network within planned capacities
• Establish and maintain good relationships with DC Operations, Transportation, Supply Chain executives and network forecast analysts to ensure the seamless flow information and functional alignment
• Ensure production planning processes are in place using planning software to provide maximum customer service while maintaining plant efficiency, low cost and inventory within acceptable range.
• Create and maintain metrics for schedule acceptance at all plants. Create improvements in metrics to include schedule adherence, MPS, line efficiencies and scheduled downtime
• Effectively manage plant capacities and event planning runs. Lend support and coaching to production planners to solve problems. Lead resolution of supply issues in order to meet customer service metrics.
• Demonstrate a knowledge of customer brands, product lines and long-term strategy
• Develop specific, measurable goals
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
• 8 years of Supply Chain experience
• Excellent visionary, strategic and courageous leadership skills
• Extensive understanding of MRP functions
• Problem solving via innovation & creativity
• Strong thinking/problem-solving skills which can be applied to business processes with a "can-do" attitude
• Ability to collaborate effectively within a multicultural environment
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Previous experience in manufacturing or production environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task
• Proven organizational skills and time management skills
• Ability to lead, coach and train others
Equal Opportunity at Lassonde Pappas
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website