The Commercialization Planner's primary focus is project management and inventory analytics. This person owns the packaging design and development process, which supports new product launch operations as well as packaging changes at Lassonde Pappas. It's a great place to learn all about the consumer products industry and work directly with top retailers.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for facilitating the development of new packaging artwork, while creating and adhering to a pre-determined timeline.
- Follow process to ensure that all packaging is legally compliant and facilitate the troubleshooting of issues as they arise.
- Work closely with many key internal departments (Regulatory, Sales, Sourcing, Production Planning, Forecasting, Customer Service) as well as external parties (Customers, Designers, Printers).
- Owns and manages all artwork redesigns. An artwork redesign is a revision to existing artwork either driven by customer need or regulatory necessity. This is two-part process which involves:
- Managing the artwork development process to create a new version and obtain third party certifications (OU kosher, QAI organic, Non-GMO, Bottle bills, etc.)
- Analyzing inventory levels of the old version to develop an optimized conversion strategy that minimizes waste, while still supporting customer requirements for production during the transition. During the transition period, the Commercialization Planner will review weekly reports of inventory levels and direct additional purchase orders of packaging in order to support scheduled production.
- Other tasks include item creation, ongoing system maintenance based on lifecycle, and providing Sales with inventory position each month.
- Owns artwork development for all new item introductions, where achieving the target timeline is critical in order to meet customer launch expectations.
- Hold other parties accountable to meet key project deliverables.
- Provide analytical and administrative support to the Commercialization Lead as needed in support of these efforts.
- Facilitate the discontinuation process for de-listing of current items, which involves gathering liabilities, analyzing inventory levels to develop a recommendation, and executing the exit strategy once customer agreement is reached. This execution step involves directing internal teams regarding ingredient order placement, production scheduling and forecast changes.
- Associates Degree (or equivalent experience) / Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 1-year previous work experience
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Proven analytical skills, with demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in managing competing priorities and multi-tasking with a sense of urgency
- Experience utilizing Excel for analysis and decision-making
- Commitment to continuous improvement
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical office setting; driving a motor vehicle and occasionally working in the field.
FREQUENT: sitting, upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure to include extended periods of keyboard and mouse use, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials.
OCCASIONAL: squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20 – 35 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
VISION: Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Equal Opportunity at Lassonde Pappas
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website