The Operator, Forklift & Palletizer reports to the Warehouse Supervisor and is based out of our Springdale, Arkansas location. This individual will be responsible for operating the palletizer and forklift associated with the line they have been assigned to in an efficient manner. Employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with close attention to detail through many changes.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operates forklift to stack and retrieve goods, supplies, and materials
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and for palletizer area cleanliness
- Documents and maintains inventory records
- Responsible for set-up and operation of automatic palletizer, stretch wrap machine and related equipment
- Takes full pallets, stretch wrap them and put away in warehouse
- Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery
- Adjusts machine setting to complete tasks according to specification, accurately and in a timely fashion
- Knows the purpose and follows proper operation of all safety switches, interlocks and safety devices
- Understands and can properly operate all machine controls (mechanical, electrical and pneumatic)
- Perform code changes
- Monitors pattern forming of the cases on the palletizer
- Change rolls of stretch wrap
- Clear jams, re-sequence the palletizer, and replace fallen cartons
- Properly change codes in the tagger computer
- Coordinate with the Supervisor so the correct pallets are available for production
- Demonstrates proficiency in operating the palletizer
- Understands the HMI (touch screen)
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Six months experience in a manufacturing environment operating forklift
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and can multi-task
- Must have excellent time management skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in the food/beverage industry a plus
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or production environment a plus
- Ability to direct, coach and train others.
- Consultative, influential, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website