The Label Machine Operator reports to the Production Manager and is based out of our California location. This individual will be responsible for operating the labelers associated with the line the employee has been assigned to in an efficient manner. Employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with close attention to detail through many changes.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Set up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
- Uses computer-controlled equipment to select, position and secure automatic or semi-automatic machines
- Controls and adjusts machine settings to complete simple tasks accurately, according to specification, and in a timely fashion
- Knows the purpose and follows proper operation of all safety switches, interlocks and safety devices
- Performs label cuts properly
- Adjust the pick-up and lap end glue for changing application needs
- Understands and can properly operate all machine controls
- Clean all labeler and labeler parts
- Adjust the label basket as needed
- Clear jams and re-time the machine
- Adjust the brushes to insure proper label application
- Adjust glue flow on Can-Matic (L1&L-2), Grip Labelers (L-2), and the Burt and Clowe Labelers (L-3)
- Demonstrates proficiency in operating and adjusting the labeler
- Perform size/bottle changeovers
- Set-up and change Videojet coder by scanning or by manually inputting the necessary data
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Six months experience in a manufacturing environment operating production equipment
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and can multi-task
- Must have excellent time management skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry a plus
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or production environment a plus
- Ability to direct, coach and train others.
- Consultative, influential, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website