The Label Operator I reports to the Production Supervisor and is based out of our Hendersonville, North Carolina location. This individual will be responsible for operating 1-2 production line labelers associated with the line the employee has been assigned to in an efficient manner. Employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with close attention to detail through many changes.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Set up and operates a production label machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
- Uses computer-controlled labeling equipment to select, position and secure automatic or semi-automatic machines for different bottle sizes.
- Controls and adjusts machine settings to complete simple tasks accurately, according to specification, and in a timely fashion.
- Understands and can properly operate all machine controls.
- Knows the purpose and follows proper operation of all safety switches, interlocks and safety devices
- Performs and records all required quality checks and documents on provided documentation.
- Performs label changes properly and documents in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Adjust the pick-up glue, lap end glue, glue brushes and label basket for changing application needs
- Clean all labeler and labeler parts
- Clear jams and re-time the machine
- Monitors the flow of bottles from the cooler, through the labeler, and into the laning / packing equipment and adjusts rails for proper flow
- Perform changeovers of labeling equipment by removing and installing change parts and adjust/setup for new bottle sizes
- · Set-up and change cap coding equipment. Performs computer work to scan bottle labels and enter the necessary cap coding information into the cap coding equipment
- Proficient in all assigned maintenance tasks on the labeler and complete documentation of these tasks.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly on an on-going basis, in compliance with the company's good housekeeping practices.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High school diploma/GED Equivalent; or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented and can multi-task
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be able to read operating procedures and quality documentation
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry a plus
- Previous experience in manufacturing or production environment
- Consultative, influential, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical office setting; driving a motor vehicle and occasionally working in the field.
FREQUENT: Sitting, upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure to include extended periods of keyboard and mouse use, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials.
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20 – 35 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast-paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website