The Filler Operator reports to the Production Supervisor and is based out of our Seabrook, New Jersey location. This individual will be responsible for the filler and support equipment for filling product and is responsible for product quality and product safety (including CQP and CCP monitoring requirements). Performs product and package changeovers. Keeps material and product loss to a minimum. Performs product quality checks. May also be assigned to operate the Blow Molder.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for moving juice from the run tank to the filler, keep accurate data on temperature control charts, ensure Critical Control Points are met, complete CIP/Kosher/Organic washes from the run tank through the pasteurizer and to the fillers
- Attend the filler by operating the equipment efficiently to optimize production-line run time
- Monitor the flow of bottles from the depalletizing area, clear bottle jams and alert maintenance personnel of any mechanical malfunctions
- Retrieve bottle caps from the storage area and fills cap hopper
- Monitor and adjust speed of bottle filler to ensure proper work flow to the rest of the production line
- Perform minor adjustments on equipment to ensure smooth operation of the production line
- Complete packaging changeovers on the filler, rinser and depal by adjusting rails, swapping out change parts and adjusting the timing
- Perform required product quality control tests
- Sample product at beginning of run to ensure conformance to standards
- Retrieve product quality specifications from the “Processing Guide” as provided by the Quality Assurance Department
- Perform quality tests to ensure that batch conforms to product quality specifications. Weights sample of five bottles of product using scale
- Assist the supervisor with inventory verification for bottles, caps and product; record bottle waste, cap usage and excessive product waste on inventory control logs
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Perform rinse out at the pasteurizer, filler and support tanks. Ensure correct washes are taking place by checking processing guides and QAD schedule.
- Document wash process as they are being performed on the chart records. Track formula yield.
- Monitor pasteurizer and fill-tank temperature charts, product flow rates, and fill-tank levels.
- Adjusts temperatures and/or product flow to ensure conformance to specifications and established standards - record reason for variations on temperature charts
- Record all product changes at change-over time on pasteurizer and fill-tank temperature charts.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Six months experience in a manufacturing environment operating production equipment
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or production environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast-paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
Equal Opportunity at Lassonde Pappas
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Apply on company website