The Mechanic reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and is based out of our Hendersonville, North Carolina location. This individual will be responsible for maintaining, servicing, and repairing plant and production equipment, performing PM's, and completing work orders.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain and service mechanical equipment, machinery, and components
- Use hand and power tools as required
- Perform repairs and maintenance to mechanical and electrical equipment along with building systems.
- Conduct periodic equipment inspections as part of PM performance and evaluating requests for repair
- Identify parts needed for replacement and placing orders as necessary
- Monitor the installation, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and repair of equipment to ensure optimum usage and quality
- Ensure compliance to company and regulatory requirements
- Schedule and coordinate installation support and service operations
- Complete all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Maintain equipment manuals, complete work orders and inspection reports, document work hours and other administrative tasks as required
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Three years of Industrial / Manufacturing mechanic experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical, Pneumatics and Electrical (120vac-480vac) knowledge
- Detailed oriented and can multi-task
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry a plus
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or production environment a plus
- Problem solving skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical office setting; driving a motor vehicle and occasionally working in the field.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery, hand and power tools as well as testing and inspection equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, crawling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast-paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
Apply on company website