Position Summary: This position is responsible for the overall function of the production, material handling, and support equipment to ensure its proper operation. This includes supervising maintenance technicians and performing maintenance activities when required to maximize planned production and minimize plant down time. Administers and makes improvement to the site Preventative Maintenance program.
· Train mechanics in understanding the Food Safety program and SQF guidelines that apply to Maintenance.
· Enforce HACCP and GMP requirements
· Create a culture that focuses on producing Safe, Quality Food
· Administer the preventative maintenance program to ensure all plant equipment and systems are running efficiently.
· Perform and document line checks and PM's when necessary.
· Perform and document removal, installation, disassembly, repair and assembly of production, material handling, waste and raw product equipment, support equipment and systems when necessary.
· Performs non-routine maintenance activities as needed must be capable of performing emergency repairs.
· Develop and maintain a supplier control index assuring that only high quality vendors are retained.
· Meet with vendors to discuss and resolve mechanical problems as required.
· Remain current with new government rules, scientific procedures and chemical regulations.
· Operates a forklift in a safe manner.
· Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
The following requirements are those that are normally required for performance of the Maintenance Supervisor position. Any disabled applicant or incumbent who does not meet one or more of the requirements, but who can perform the essential function of the job (with or without reasonable accommodations) shall be deemed to meet these requirements.
Role in Food Safety: Follow plant GMP's at all times, ensure work area is secure and ensure all activities meet all requirements of the SQF code.
A. Physical Requirements:
This position requires the following physical demands up to 90% of the time:
· Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds,
· Must be able to carry 25 pounds up and down 21 stairs,
· Must be able to stand for 8 hours during a shift minus breaks and lunch,
· Must be able to work in hot, humid and/or cold areas,
· Must be able to stand, bend, squat, crawl, kneel, reach above shoulders, climb ladders and crawl in tight and awkward work places for long periods of time,
· Must be able to safely lift and carry a 51-pound stepladder,
· May be required to safely lift up to 100 pounds unassisted,
· Must have good hand-eye coordination.
B. Non-Physical Requirements:
1. Education: Recognized WA State trade certification required. Electrician, Industrial Millwright, or Stationary Engineer certification preferred. Other trade certifications will be considered. High school diploma required.
2. Experience: Minimum three years' experience in a juice processing environment preferred. Experience in a food products or pharmaceutical products environment will also be considered. Candidate must have supervisory experience.
3. Special Skills:
- Able to work any shift, overtime and any or all days of the week in accordance with plant needs.
- Able to do electrical and mechanical troubleshooting.
- Able to demonstrate safe use and skilled application of tools commonly used in the plant in accordance with established practices and procedures.
- Ability to use stick welder, wire welder, tig, plasma torch, oxygen acetylene torch.
- Ability to recognize and name stainless steel, mild steel, and aluminum.
- Ability to sharpen drill bits, chisels, and cutting tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
- Personally invested in the success of the business.
- Motivated, focused and accountable for results.
· Licensure, Registration, Certification:
- WA State registered trade certification required (Electrician, Industrial Millwright or Stationary Engineer certification preferred).
· External Relationships:
· Internal Relationships:
- The Maintenance Supervisor must interact and communicate effectively with all employees of the organization. Effective communication is especially important with the production supervisors.
· Direct & Indirect Reports:
- All hourly mechanics report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor.
· This position is backed-up by the Production Manager when necessary.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Lassonde Pappas is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 856-455-1000 for assistance
Apply on company website